Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

I am kind of new at this and want to get a feel of this server before the content is completed downloading. I am a big fan of item creation. What crafting professions are in your server? Are they worth learning or are you still in the works of perfecting it?

Hi, and welcome to the server. Sadly, I think the general consensus right now is that crafting is a very involved, unfinished system that doesn't give as good as it takes to do. However, it's still the only way to have 'good' items unless you are a very specific type of character. Like a Stormlord.
    Active
    Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
    Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Mining is definitely worth the investment. Armor and weapon crafting are always worth while, and some of the item enchanting and such does work well and is rewarding.

To date, there aren't many dye makers (hard to find materials for them), woodworkers (nothing to do with them; not a lot of options in the crafting system), cooks (incomplete system), trap makers (most recover traps from dungeons and use those), fishermen (incomplete cooking system, no other benefit than selling fish for gold), and so on. Mining, though, nets valuable ore for crafting and gems for enchanting.
      Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Stick around. Give it a go. Input is welcome.
          Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Well, so far it seems like a good server though I noticed several players are not very social. Is it normal for players here to keep to their own business?

Comment

Depends on the who and the where.

Comment

Well, I won't point out who they are but, I always get this insinuation from them that they want me to 'get lost'. It's like they have their own circle of friends.

Comment

Most of the players are friendly and will gladly help any newcomers with anything they need. Sometimes it can be a bit daunting joining a new server though

If anyone's nasty, just point them out. I think I have the old pointy stick of smiting around here somewhere...
                  Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Folks may approach you with caution, but I have never had anyone tell me to get lost.

As far as the crafting system goes... I love it. I believe if you concentrate on a particular skill, i.e. Mining, etc. and you RP that particular skill, you will draw more than enough attention from the masses.

There is only one person I know of on the server that provides dyes - for example. She is a real gem. I recommend jumping in with both feet no matter whatever you decide. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers!
                    Cheers!

Comment

Hey Outsider,

Sorry I didn't get more chance to interact with you, my DMing got cut short by a phone call and you had already left.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Well, I won't point out who they are but, I always get this insinuation from them that they want me to 'get lost'. It's like they have their own circle of friends.
                        That's more a product of playing a halfling than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                          That's more a product of playing a halfling than anything else.
                          Hater. Hin Rule!
                          Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                            Hey Outsider,

Sorry I didn't get more chance to interact with you, my DMing got cut short by a phone call and you had already left.
                            It's ok, Saulus. Thank you for the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd4Ever View Post
                              Hater. Hin Rule!
                              Totally.

Comment

Working...
                              X