Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwifery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwifery

So I have created a Ranger/Paladin of Shiallia. Shiallia is a woodland fertility goddess of Exarch level (for those of you who may not be familiar with the lesser powers).

Anyway, I want this character to be a skilled midwife and I was wondering if that would be Knowledge:Nature, or Heal, or some combination of the two? For the record, she will be a midwife not just for humanoids, but for animals as well.
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

I'd go with Heal, myself.

That being said, for animals Animal Empathy would be more appropriate (although it isn't selectable).

In any case, go with Heal and call it a day.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Yup, I have to agree with GD there, heal would be the skill I would call for.
      Originally posted by Satoshi
      Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
      Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I'd say heal for the general biological and mechanical aspects (largely human centric) and a smattering of know:nature for the smaller bits of species specific knowledge you might require.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Heal skill is medical and medical forensics. This would very much be healing skill. For example, rolling to see how long a body might have been dead that you come upon is heal. Rolling to see what sickness someone might have is heal. Injury, types, digging an arrow out of a body correctly, birth, all that crap is heal. Heal is not just "FIRST AID!" it's anything that you can imagine a doctor would do or medical scientist.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
            Heal skill is medical and medical forensics. This would very much be healing skill. For example, rolling to see how long a body might have been dead that you come upon is heal. Rolling to see what sickness someone might have is heal. Injury, types, digging an arrow out of a body correctly, birth, all that crap is heal. Heal is not just "FIRST AID!" it's anything that you can imagine a doctor would do or medical scientist.
            All in all its a crazy good RP skill for the reasons listed. Last time I checked it added a nice buffer to your bandages as well
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
            X