Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you planning to play a monk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you planning to play a monk?

I am curious if there will be a deal of people who will play monks within Sundren for design reasons. So, feel free to express yourselves as usual.
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    42.86%
    Undecided
    32.14%

I'm not sure. I *think* I have an idea for one, but it's pretty half-baked. If I ever did go through with it, it would not be in the immediate future.
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

High Level monk characters will be fairly powerful.
      Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

(This is my first post here but I'm hanging around here for some time allready)

And for the question, yes.
        I think about playing a monk' unless there are problems with that.

Comment

No problems with it at all. I simply wish to see how much interest there would be in the monk class in particular.

Comment

I'm not... I prefer Rogues and Fighters... Matter of opinion I suppose.
            "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

I will certainly be playing a monk, I love the self-sufficiency of a monk living off the land without any need for tools or weapons.

Comment

I would be more interested if there was a cool prestige class that I could move too afterwards.

Comment

Hmm that is true, they didn't really add anything for monks (or druids) this time.
                  There's been some interesting prestige classes in the Complete sereis of books. Even ones the combine Wizards and monks.

Perhaps this is something to nudge obsidion with for an expansion?
                  There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

A lot of prestige classes can be added through custom content, once most of my work with Sundren is more done and school is less crazy, I will probably start working on custom class packs and such, but this won't be until Sundren is well established and on it's feet.

Comment

That sounds cool. There are a few here and there from the books that I would like to see, but anyway.

Comment

Back on topic, people! =P

Interesting poll numbers... Looks like we'll have a few monks, but not hordes of them. Good... I'd prefer it that way.
                        Character(s)
                        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

I am interested in playing a monk; however, I would like to see the addition of a prestige class similar to the Red Dragon Disciple. I have always entertained the idea of a Gold Dragon Disciple being a prestige class for Monks. Monks have an almost arcane inner ability and since Gold Dragons are Lawful Good and typically eastern visually (no legs, gliding magically through the air, asian-styled faces complete with long whiskers) they would merge well with monks and Gold Dragon blood would explain the monstrous abilities of higher level monks. There could be similar stat increases like there are for Red Dragon Disciples with the exception of focusing on Dexterity, Charisma, Wisdom, etc... Gold Dragons do take human form more often than their other draconic cousins and who's to say they don't breed with other races creating half-breed Gold Dragonites that become monks to take advantage of innate abilities and foci? Just an idea... A wild one, but a solid foundational idea none-the-less...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                          "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                          Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                          Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

I won't be playing a character with Monk as a core character concept, so I voted "no." Roleplaying somebody with that much of a focus on internal discipline is both difficult and frustrating for me, and I find such characters fairly laughable in most cases.

However, I might play an evil cleric with some Monk levels, with them symbolizing more martial training and devotion to deity than any mystical disciplinary code.

Comment

My primary character will not be a monk, but I will certainly have one. They are powerful and a lot of fun to play.
                              - Faltru

Comment

Working...
                              X