Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Review: Barbarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's clearly a druid.
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post

I think this sums up the barbarian.
      More than you think. Throwing 'barbarian' into google dosen't come up with images of soldiers or mercenaries or roguish travellers.

Comes up with pages on pages of things like that. All varied, but all with similar themes.

Used to be you could do the same with Drow until they became the tabletop RPG predecessor to Twilight. Let that be a lesson on what happens when characters are the exception to their material.
      Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
      "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

given the region of sundren, i wouldn't be surprised if a legion squad of barbarian types were put together. would be pretty interesting to have a berserker squad. perhaps dismissed due to their wild nature but then admired due to their quality of fighting?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Conan was a manic depressive...

Berserker squads are pretty simple, just take a regular squad and one casting of the spell 'Rage'.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
            Conan was a manic depressive...

Berserker squads are pretty simple, just take a regular squad and one casting of the spell 'Rage'.
            Unfortunely it doesnt make the squad tough as shit or have the same mindset as a berserker squad. Unless the individual members were already of that state of mind. Its not the rage that define's the blood frenzied killer, its the person clouded by it >
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Or embed them into standard legion lines...

"The orcs are coming sir!"

"Wait until you see the whites of their eyes, then unleash the crazy naked guy."
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Or embed them into standard legion lines...

"The orcs are coming sir!"

"Wait until you see the whites of their eyes, then unleash the crazy naked guy."
                Love it. Cant wait to see it implemented! *wink wink*

Back on topic I really like the class. Its just a shame there isnt more physically adept races to cope with the burden of barbarism. Sure dwarves are tough, sure wood elves are strong. Grimlock would be something else. They are blind so they cant perceive anything beyond their blindsense of 40"; When it gets within range they rip the living shit out of it!
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

That's my perfect image of where a barbarian belongs in a legion.

A wall of shields and spears, out of which emerges one man wearing only a dead bear and wielding two axes, charging at them alone, to the point where every orc stops and starts slowly backing off.
                  Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
                  "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Dead bears just get in the way. The true beserker needs only the wind, his rage, and a deadly weapon. The most they should be wearing is a thin layer of paint.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Dead bears just get in the way. The true beserker needs only the wind, his rage, and a deadly weapon. The most they should be wearing is a thin layer of paint.
                      Yeah, a thin layer of paint made of opium.
                      Presea De'Ombre - Fist of the Broken
                      Darcy Lothara - Lost Soul
                      Miyu Suhayl - Defender of Beauty
                      Bryna Ulric - Dark Priestess
                      Merry Swiftblade - Swashbuckling Tailor

Comment

Working...
                      X