Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dm Quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dm Quests

I have been doing a little personal survey. Kind of seeing what players are usually on alot . I really don't keep tabs on who is not but I know there are players that tend to be on more DM quests than others.

This is purely a suggestion to players who seem to be involved in Dm quests alot. I know sometimes players that do come on a server and play hours and hours get a little burnt out and want to get on a Dm quest but there players who don't get alot of time on here and want too as well. Its no ones fault that some players can't get on here as much as others but there needs to be some courtesy while enjoying a DM quest.

Here is my suggestions:

"You hear a rumor !"

- If you have been recently involved in several quests and such, and you here are rumor or have the opportunity to go on a quest I would recommend checking it out and seeing the "load" of players that are interested in a quest that a DM puts out. Some events are more server wide and it is no problem to have big group of people but the quests that are usually aimed at "small parties" tend to get bigger as groups travel. DMs are not omnipresent they are angelic like.. (if you can figure out why i say angelic then you get a cookie ) it is sometimes hard to cater to everyone in an event and when there are too many players some players feel left out.

"Hey! I know that dude!"

- If you are travelling along the roadside and you see a decently large group that is investigating something ( Dm quest) think about it.. wether you get on many Dm quests or not. I know sometimes people can get bored on here. But usually there is some other player that is in that very group, that hasn't played on a DM quest for awhile either ( Don't think of it as.. me me me.. think about it as "well probably other players don't get a chance either. Im not the only one") . I know you may have a "buddy" in the Dm quest asking you to come along. Well.. its okay to say " No good friend ,I think your group can handle it. I will be on my way.. good luck!" I have given experience points for people who have decided to refuse an offer to join a quest because its courteous to other players and allow that group in the DM quest to be more involved. It is difficult for DMs to just say in ooc " (( No you can't come cause the party is kinda big))" What that does is of course offend some people and then they think we are jerk offs and piles of PM's come in talking about how so and so DM didn't let them come in a quest. Seriously it gets difficult and some of the DMs do not wanna say No.. well they are sweethearts.. unlike me.. i may just start saying no or finding ways to keep the group smaller when i may need the quest smaller .

"I'm taking control of this quest!"

- Okay this is a rough one ..but .. I know alot of players have characters that are the "take control" type of people. Your character gets in a quest and begins to just whip out suggestions, barking orders and anyone who is hurt you run up and heal them.. you push out your skills constantly cause you wanna utilize your character's Skillzorz! That is no problem! That is great! However; doing that alot leaves other characters feeling less important. People know their characters better than anyone else and yes people can argue " But thats my character!! Thats how he/she is!!" Well.. for the sake of fun .. have a bad day.. say your character just isn't in the talking mood and allow other players to take charge.. Even if you have some manpower to back you up. Sit back and perhaps enjoy the show a little and see how other players make decisions. It doesn't mean that you can't say anything. If a character says a suggestion and you disagree than disagree or if you think something maybe too dangerous say so. But if your character has a skill or an attribute that is really just trivial.. it may not be to other players.. give them a chance let them help out in the quest !!! It makes players feel welcome in a group and not shunned out. Be open for suggestions from anyone before being dead set on things.

Just please be courteous when playing quests and think about what your character has done in this great server and give other players a chance to do something with theirs. If other players don't speak up or get the ball rolling in a quest.. then yeah.. you should take charge if no one else will!

Please remember these are suggestions and not orders. I am just going off on experience and thats really it. All things written above are general examples and sometimes different situations may exclude what i suggested above. That is why they are suggestions.. guidelines to kinda help make everyone have fun on the server.

Also! Please oh Please ! If you play on here alot and played on alot of Dm Quests, don't feel condemned! Do not feel condemned for joining a quest knowing you have been on several of them! Its not about that!
    Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

On the taking control matter, I agree, for instance. When a group of four players are in Viridale, one is a level 4 druid, the other a level 6 ranger and the other two level 8 cleric then it's most likely the tree hugger know the best course of action, so then please, let them do that ! You may know the area map, but remember a cleric isn't way as good in navigating as a ranger for instance.

Another popular example are traps. Got a rogue in the group ? Utilise it, I dont lay traps there for buffed barbarians with enough HP to survive
    Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

How about doing what Clutch is doing on another thread, to players who take part in an event? Give them feedback too Tell what they did that you liked or disliked, what you think was not in accord with what they imagined of the character or what was nice, hints about things the PC could have done or could have let someone else do... the works

Sometimes players do stuff with reasons the DM can't understand just from watching but it makes sense with the player explaining, and often the DM sees opportunities the player might miss. If it's kept civil and mature I think it can help everyone.
      Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

ha, i usually love all dm sessions. DM Jun's last night was awesome, I loved how the traps 1 hit killed you, and the flame cloud or whatever, that was fun. Espicially when Kai just let the people who rushed die ^_^.

Comment

I about peed myself laughing when Kai blew himself up on the door, after being all condescending about us rushing forward...
          ~Player of Donovan Fane. Does that make me crazy?
          ~Play of Horral Redmountain. Order must be preserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Haroshia View Post
            I about peed myself laughing when Kai blew himself up on the door, after being all condescending about us rushing forward...

Kai is the flag ship of a make fun of type of character... I mean heck.. he ended up getting turned into a woman..
            Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

i liked him better as a woman :P

Comment

Harsh....
                Characters:
                Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Hehehe, a woman.. that was just funny.

Comment

we should do that again. I want to see it.
                    Jaggath Tharn, Better Than Sex.

Lenier Miloan, Totally a Tormtar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                      i liked him better as a woman :P
                      Daniel aswell

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I preferred him as a woman too.

Woman get away with more things .

But then again, let's not and say we did :P.

Haroshia, you're cute *ruffles your hair*
                        Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

Aww thanks Kai I know I am...now how about you gender switch and we got get dinner eh big boy/girl?
                          ~Player of Donovan Fane. Does that make me crazy?
                          ~Play of Horral Redmountain. Order must be preserved.

Comment

Oh get a room

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

Originally posted by Arckeya View Post
                              I preferred him as a woman too.

Woman get away with more things .

But then again, let's not and say we did :P.

Haroshia, you're cute *ruffles your hair*
                              Korah knew it! He a flippin fairy!

Comment

Working...
                              X