Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions: console and logging in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions: console and logging in.

Question 1:
    Twice now I have somehow managed to turn on the console IG, but not managed to turn it off. So my question is how the heck to I turn it on and off?

Rather annoying to have to relog because of that

Question 2:
    Is there a way to make a shortcut on the desktop that bypasses the *beep* gamespy login? Just like the one you could make in NWN 1. The startup screens and all that jazz makes logging in/crashing a nightmare...I wish Bioware could at least wise up and remove the bloody copy protection. (wouldn't be the least surprised to be told that it is the culprit for some of the bugs...)
    Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
    All your doubts and fears,
    And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
    The reason I'm here.

Question 1: ~
    Question 2: Add "Disable Intro Movies=1" under [Display Options] in:
    My Documents -> NWN2 -> nwn.ini
    Vicho Stormson: "How dare you defy the supremacy of Talos! ... well I'll let you get away with it, this time."

Comment

Ach, she means like on NWN where you could create a shortcut on the desktop with a "+connect" and the address to go straight to the server, no gamespy login stuff I never tried it on NWN2.
      Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonTears View Post
        Ach, she means like on NWN where you could create a shortcut on the desktop with a "+connect" and the address to go straight to the server, no gamespy login stuff I never tried it on NWN2.
        I tried to use the same method on NWN 2, but didn't get it to work. Might because of my stupidity as I always got some error message of "invalid target/command".

Could somebody smarter than me please try to see if this works, as I REALLY would like a quicker login

Oh..I am a HE

@Archeron77: I will try that one. Will it close the console as well then seeing that I can't type outside the console when it is up.

The trick about the movies will help anyhow

Update/edit: I did not get the console to work with '~'. I tried first without using the textbox, then without it, to no avail. Can it be because I am using a Nordic 101 keys keyboard? Where my '~' is located, the American keyboards according to the keymapper have ']'. I have had this problem on other games before..but then the console key has always been located next to '1'

Anyhow, thanks for any help in this. I know I am not the only one with this problem.

The reason I'm here.

Comment

For me the console key is still located next to '1'.

If i press that button it opens & closes no prob.

Comment

I've had the same problem with the console getting stuck where tilby won't close it. If I press Esc it goes away, though.

By the way, I'm using the international keyboard layout which seems to mess with some key binding. Might be your Nordic layout is causing simillar issues. You might have a look as well to see where the tilby is in your layout. Esc works every time for me, however.

Comment

Originally posted by --chupacabra-- View Post
              I've had the same problem with the console getting stuck where tilby won't close it. If I press Esc it goes away, though.

By the way, I'm using the international keyboard layout which seems to mess with some key binding. Might be your Nordic layout is causing simillar issues. You might have a look as well to see where the tilby is in your layout. Esc works every time for me, however.
              The times I have had the console up, nothing made it go away. Esc did not work...Like I wrote earlier, '~' is located where the ']' seems to be on the American/international? keyboards are (Qwerty-row, last key before enter.). The key next to '1' is '|' for me.

Neither works...Looks like I will have to try to keep an eye out for what I press the next time I mess up. Anyhow, thanks for the help folks.

The reason I'm here.

Comment

Open up your nwnplayer.ini in My Documents\NWN2 and add line "Console=?" (without quotes) under the [Keymapping] heading.

Comment

Originally posted by Alatir View Post
                  Open up your nwnplayer.ini in My Documents\NWN2 and add line "Console=?" (without quotes) under the [Keymapping] heading.
                  Tried that as well now...to no avail. Pressed the key that I bound to it, but neh*sighs* I give up! lol Thanks though for trying to teach me stuff

The reason I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                  X