Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling Bored? - Things to look forward to and progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Bored? - Things to look forward to and progress

Current Happenings

We're in the process of getting new DM's to manage things in game more. Mostly in morning time periods when others can't be on. We want a good time coverage for everyone. More DM's means more DM interaction with players. It also means less burn-out on our current DM's I wish I were a robot and could just do everything I want to, but it gets rough, especially with real life, and I'm certain other DM's are the same.

Also, quest system editor is coming along and hopefully will be done very soon so we can put the uber quest system in for you all to enjoy. It's more advanced than quest systems like WoW, with multiple outcomes possible for a quest. I've spent a good amount of time on it, and quest creators will spend much more time.

In the future we have more dungeons, such as the Necropolis. Xeraph is the major mapper for the area and I have to say, the place is awesome. I'm convinced players will absolutely adore it. It kills anything you'd see in OC. Xeraph is my hero.

We also will be changing the death system for PVP so that people who are killed lay dead for ressurrection. At the same time we'll be putting in Subdual mode so people can beat another person unconscious without fear of killing them. Hopefully people will use subdual mode often, duels, simple rage, etc.

We've been discussing the possibility of an advanced death system. This would mean when you died you would be teleported to another area. We've decided against this being explainable IC, it'll mostly be a place to be while dead. There were some suggestions players made that I really liked, such as being able to place items on a body like res scrolls you might have on you so people can res you. Or if someone is RP'ing checking the body for things, it can be handed over although dead. Corpse carrying was also another reason for this, so it -might- happen this way.

Resting will be getting more changes. We will be inserting rest zones all over the place for people so people can rest in safe places in dungeons and such.

Loot tables are getting reworked to the nTH degree. And more magical item variations will be findable. Blue item drops will be released in congruency with the Necropolis so players will be able to upgrade their gear. We're also going to be making the drops more associative with what is being fought. AKA You won't have goblins pulling out level 8 spells from their tiny arses.

Many changes in the works to look forward to.

Hey that sounds awesome... all of it. Just yesterday, a bandit pulled out a spell and my level 4 paladin went up in smoke. WOW! It may have been a spell called Destruction... simple save vs Death... failed by 2 for Instadeath! That is the first spell I have seen from a bandit and I would not mind if it was the last. Good for laughs.

Felnak

Comment

I can't wait to see the update and the new areas. And thanks for taking the suggestions of the players into consideration, it makes us feel like we have a hand in really shaping the world.
      Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

*reads* *faints* *rereads, barely manages the save against will*

WOW! All of it sounds just awesome. Good job there.
        Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
        All your doubts and fears,
        And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
        The reason I'm here.

Comment

We love you, Sundren staff! ^_^;

Seriously, you guys are doing an awesome job. Sometimes, we look around and forget that the world we're seeing is still beta, with loads of awesome stuff yet to come.

Keep up the excellent work!
          Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
          Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

All of this looks awesome.
            I can't wait to see the necropolis and ... learn from it .

By the way will there be a a way to join the evil factions of sundren? like the banites, the rogues or the dark advents? The necropolis could become a sort of haven for some evil warlocks, blackgards and necromancers.
            Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
            Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Faction system is after the quest system.

Comment

Release Date?

Is there a release date for the next patch? Or do we have an approximation concerning this, perhaps?
                Laucian Xiloscient, elven wizard from Evermeet "The Vampire Killer"
                Xenaphon, elven champion priestess of Umberlee "The Rending Falchion"

Comment

Time to pull an Army of Darkness baby, yeah
                  Characters:
                  Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                  Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                  If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

I love thee Godbeast. In a man to man way, that does not include the bumb.

Comment

*wow* amazing work. And with so much input from the playerbase being considered as well.....

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                      Faction system is after the quest system.
                      Any hints on the timing for crafting?

I hate asking this, I don't want to sound like it's some kind of whining...the amount of time and effort going in to this place is just staggering, and the rate at which things are being accomplished is truly amazing....I'm just curious to know whether I should leave Ula out of game play for a few months and concentrate on another character.
                      Ula Fey Craftswoman, blacksmith, maker of bespoke sharp pointy things.

Comment

It'll be done when it's done. I hope to get the next update out in April but there's no guarantees.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

It's april Saulus
                          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I know that... I'm saying that it would be nice to have it out before the end of the month but again no guarantees.
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
                              I know that... I'm saying that it would be nice to have it out before the end of the month but again no guarantees.
                              Gaaa! I was waiting on pins a needles until the first.... patience, grasshopper, patience.
                              Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Working...
                              X