Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Update to 1.05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Update to 1.05

First thank you for accepting me into your community.

I tried to log on last night but discovered that you were using version 1.05 Bata.

I tried to up date my version but have been un able to do so. Each time I attempt this I get the error message that a file is missing. The update fails when the file DATA\NWN2_VFX.zip is in the box showing the file being worked on. I have checked the DATA folder and there is a file named DATA\NWN2_VFX. This file has no .zip and does not appear to be zipped.

What should I do?

graysword.

First off, try uninstall and then reinstall nwn2, updating to 1.04, and then applying the beta patch again. I know it's a lot of work, but trust me, Sundren is worth it

If that doesn't work, post again, and I'm sure we'll find a way around it somehow.
    Jaythen Auraya, wandering healer and herbalist. Also sligthly mad.

Comment

Reinstall worked. I was reluctant to uninstall because it took me forty-five days to get the up date to work from 1.00. I did not want to go through that again.

graysword

Comment

Yeah I agree, reinstalling is a bitch, since whoever is designing computergames nowadays like to think that it MUST take half a day to install them.

Anyhow, I'm not sure about nwn2, but back in the old days, you could download a "critical rebuild", aka, an offline patch. Have they dropped that idea?
        Jaythen Auraya, wandering healer and herbalist. Also sligthly mad.

Comment

Critical Rebuilds are not issued for NWN2, as far as I know.

Comment

I'm going to wait..........

There is no way I am going to un-install this game...it was very painful to install it.

I had to take my wife's old DVD player out of her computer to install it into my new computer because of the DVD coding and my DVD burner cant read the disk and...etc....

I'm just going to have to wait until version 1.05 comes out for everybody.

Looking forward to RP'ng my Orc.............

See ya soon

Comment

Working...
            X