Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb mage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb mage question

Hello all...

Please don't kill me for this dumb question...

I have five levels of mage, and just gained the second level as pale master with Ewan Aura. For 7 total levels, I should have gotten fourth level mage spells (If I stayed at wizard). Can someone explain why I did not, or did not even get to pick new third level spells? Do Pale Master levels not count towards spell casting, and I will only gain new levels of spells, and new spells with wizard levels?

Thanks,

Pycroft Aura
    Ewan Rice

I'll assume you mean "Wizard Levels" and not mage levels... in NWN2 pale master no longer grants new spells per day and the like. I'm not sure if it still counts towards your spellcasting level like in NWN1.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

So does that mean that I will gain no new spell levels while I am a pale master? And yes...I did mean Wizard levels...sorry.

Pycroft Aura
      Ewan Rice

Comment

As you can find out in the manual (*coughs* RTFM ), only odd pale master levels count as raising in your original spellcasting class. That means, only half your pale master levels count to determine your spellcasting capability. The second level you just got did nothing, your third level will count and give you the 4th level spells, the fouth level will do nothing, the fifth will give you more spells per day, seventh will give you 5th level spells, etc
        Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

To Crimson

Read the manual, but am not very technical. Thanks for not 'Busting on me for a stupid question'.

Thanks for the answers.

Pycroft Aura
          Ewan Rice

Comment

Pale master counts as half levels I believe. So a level 20 pale master is a level 15 wizard.

Comment

well, whenever i made a level 10 pale master with level 10 wizard, the highest spell circle i could reach is 8.. Ive tried it twice, dono, maybe i just messed up twice.

Comment

You can get new spells since your a wizard but only from reading scrolls when your taking the palemaster levels, the only two classes that lets you pick new spells when your leveling up are eldritch knight and arcane trickster, unless I missed one.

Comment

you can get new spells. But you just dont get level 9.

Comment

If you have level 5 wizard, you will need 4 levels of pale master to get level 4 spells. "Every other pale master level, you get new spells per day and spells known as if you had gained a level in one of your arcane spellcasting classes" which means it takes two pale master levels to equal one wizard level. Level 7 wizard = level 4 spells / level 5 wizard, level 1 and 2 of pale master= level 6 wizard, level 3 and 4 of pale master = level 7 wizard

Make sense?

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                    "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                    Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                    Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Undeadsteak.. did you read the posts?

Level 10 wizard, level 10 pale master => Spell levels of a 15th level wizard.
                      15th level wizard => 8th level spells only.

Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Most important:
                        if you choose the feat "practiced spellcaster" you can raise you spellcasting level by 4 (provided that you multiclassed your wizard with at least 4 levels of palemaster)

so, with a build such as: wizard/Palemaster - 10/10
                        you :
                        - have the spellslots of a lvl 15 wizard (up to 8th circle)
                        - cast spells like a lvl 19 wizard (for calculating durations, damages, dispelling and spell resistance check)

another example:
                        sorcerer/eldricht - 10/10 with this feat:
                        - have the spellslots of a lvl 19 sorcerer
                        - casts spells like a lvl 23 sorcerer
                        Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
                        Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Originally posted by lord_kelthuzad View Post
                          Most important:
                          if you choose the feat "practiced spellcaster" you can raise you spellcasting level by 4 (provided that you multiclassed your wizard with at least 4 levels of palemaster)

so, with a build such as: wizard/Palemaster - 10/10
                          you :
                          - have the spellslots of a lvl 15 wizard (up to 8th circle)
                          - cast spells like a lvl 19 wizard (for calculating durations, damages, dispelling and spell resistance check)

another example:
                          sorcerer/eldricht - 10/10 with this feat:
                          - have the spellslots of a lvl 19 sorcerer
                          - casts spells like a lvl 23 sorcerer
                          Actually, the plus 4 to your caster level is capped at your Hit Dice, or character level, which in this case is 20. So you'd cast spells as 20th level sorc.
                          Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Anauroch View Post
                            Undeadsteak.. did you read the posts?

Level 10 wizard, level 10 pale master => Spell levels of a 15th level wizard.
                            15th level wizard => 8th level spells only.

lol, i thought level 15 is 9th level? O_o.

Comment

Working...
                            X