Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got NWN2. Patch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got NWN2. Patch question

Do i need to Patch it one patch at a time working my way to 1.05 or jump straight to Patch 1.05?

Patch it to 1.04 through the auto-updater, then slap the Beta patch on. Don't worry messing anything up; 1.05 will refuse to be applied unless you've 1.04.
    Isania Melwasul ? A sun elven lass that changes her attitude more often than the sun rises, yet her good spirit always prevails.
    Riado Schnauzbart ? A wacky gnome merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Neith View Post
      Patch it to 1.04 through the auto-updater, then slap the Beta patch on. Don't worry messing anything up; 1.05 will refuse to be applied unless you've 1.04.
      Does the auto updater download the patches off the web? I have a dial up and download the patches seperately to be installed.

Comment

Yeah, the auto-updater downloads the patches off the web. Well, I don't know if there's a full 1.04 that covers 1.02 and 1.03. If there is, download that. If not, then download 1.02, then 1.03, 1.04, and, finally, 1.05. Perhaps someone who downloads the patches manually will come along and confirm that, 'cause I use the auto-updater.
        Isania Melwasul ? A sun elven lass that changes her attitude more often than the sun rises, yet her good spirit always prevails.
        Riado Schnauzbart ? A wacky gnome merchant.

Comment

If you have dialup then Sundren might not be for you. Our client pack is over 100mb and is required to join our server.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
            If you have dialup then Sundren might not be for you. Our client pack is over 100mb and is required to join our server.
            I have highspeed access at work and already downloaded the Pataches 2-5 and the server pack onto my Flashdrive. My house is somewhat rural and I'm working to get Cable ran to the home (don't ask the cost!).

How well does it play connected via Dial up?

Comment

From what I've heard I don't you think you can even play NWN2 online with dialup.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

You can play it with dial-up and it's not as bad as it might seem. I know people who play with that kind of connection and they say it's not -too- different from when they played NWN1. You will be slower when transitioning between areas and when there's too many people (PCs or NPCs) moving around and talking, but nothing prohibitive according to the people doing it
                Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

You should look into Wild-Blue... It's a Satelite high speed internet service... and it probably costs less than getting cable run to a rural home special-order...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                  "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                  Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                  Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Originally posted by Grigori View Post
                    You should look into Wild-Blue... It's a Satelite high speed internet service... and it probably costs less than getting cable run to a rural home special-order...
                    My understanding is that you can't play most online games with a Sat internet. Issues with latency as it takes a while for the signal to hit the sat and bounce off it. Basically, you can't synchronize with the other players/server.

Comment

Actually there is a patch that takes the game from 1.00 to 1.4 directly so no need for using individual patches. You can find it here http://www.uk.atari.com ,119MB only problem is that you have to register which is free and takes 1 min of your time but fortunately the account can be used in atari webpages worldwide
                      Last edited by kKnVDooM; 04-01-2007, 07:32 AM. Reason: Type error
                      the fassaud of a man crumbles, and my true self awakens with a primal scream

Comment

Working...
                      X