Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wand making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wand making

Is wand making possible in Sundren? I've not been able to find or buy a bone wand yet (I've only recently begun searching) and I'm now questioning whether I should have taken the wand making feat altogether.
    Benton Ma, Illusions Inc.

I'm fairly sure there is a shop in Sundren city which sells bone wands....I could be completely wrong though.
    Ula Fey Craftswoman, blacksmith, maker of bespoke sharp pointy things.

Comment

Great, thanks Ula. As long as I know it's implemented, then I know choosing the feat and my time spent searching IC for bone wands is not wasted.

Comment

Copper Quaffs in Sundren City military district sells bone wands....happy wand making!
        Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

...I was trying to hint without just giving the information away....

Comment

Originally posted by Ula Fey View Post
            ...I was trying to hint without just giving the information away....
            Sorry....
            I'm overly helpful...it's a flaw....

Comment

A single typo would make this thread title very wrong.
              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by OzmaDarkheart View Post
                Sorry....
                I was able to find it by asking In Game, but thanks for your overhelpfulness.

DMs: There is a scaled cost to enchant the wand. Is there any way these costs can be made public or added to the bone wand description? The present item description is vague.

Comment

i took the feat and tried making a wand earlier. Dont do it
                  i made a magic missile wand and it cost 6750 gold.
                  Garion Redwind- Elitist Wizard
                  Rake- The one-eyed Scout
                  Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do!

Comment

ouchies. you could have donated that money to the temple of Sune!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargrave View Post
                      i took the feat and tried making a wand earlier. Dont do it
                      i made a magic missile wand and it cost 6750 gold.
                      Well that sucks, because the vague text makes it sound like about 1000 gold for 1st level spells and some 10,000 gold for 4th. I would not have taken this feat if I'd known the cost was so high. I would like a clarification/confirmation first before I go hog nuts and request a feat change (if that's possible).

Comment

Yeah, making scrolls is pretty damned expensive too. It costs far more to make one than it does to buy one, which doesn't make much sense, particularly in a PW where merchants tend to either have infinite stock of what they sell or else get effectively re-supplied each time there's a server crash.

It's an Obsidian thing not a Sundren thing.

Comment

yup, obsidian made it way too pricey for everything.

Comment

Anyone interested in finding out how much it costs to make a particular spell into a scroll, potion, or wand, drop me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a word document that lists all obtainable spells and the costs to craft with each as well as the Caster Level it crafts at. ((OB has a glitch that makes every wand of a certain spell craft at a certain CL, regardless of the crafter's caster level. i.e. Bull's Strength wands craft at CL 15, even for a level 5 caster ))

Comment

Originally posted by OzmaDarkheart View Post
                              Sorry....
                              hehe sorry, I only mentioned this because I got told off for doing exactly the same thing somewhere else.... I'm too helpful as well. Us helpful people ought to stick together!

Comment

Working...
                              X