Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPoTM no longer running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPoTM no longer running?

Seems that RPoTM hasn't been run since I lost access to a NWN2-able computer, about the time Lil won.

Am I just failing to see it, or has it been stopped?

If so, how can I ever hope to change item appearances? >_<
    Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
    "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Its not RPoTM that has been axed. Just that section of the website isnt working. I've posted a ticket in website bugs that has been sitting there a while. What can ye do?
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

One of the DMs always asks people to PM their votes to him/her every month. Watch for that and vote that way until the voting part gets working again. I have been able to vote every month with no problems at all.
      Ursus Ahrahl: Vengeful Desert Warrior (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ursus_Ahrahl)
      Zaphram Babblerocks: Silly Gnome Tinkerer
      Ronon Darkholme: Eye and ear of the Night Watch of Kelemvor's Eternal Order (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...onon_Darkholme)
      Jakomyn Moriarty: Misunderstood Calishite mage (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jakomyn_Moriarty)
      Turin Greyhold: Ex-mercenary paladin of Torm (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...reyhold,_Turin)
      Alexandros Pentacost: 1/2 Orc Cleric of the Red Knight
      "Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Comment

My current webhost basically has some restarted security restrictions which break the RPotM system we had setup. So essentially unless I go to a dedicated host with no restrictions I can't make it easily work again...

Which would require me to spend even more $$ ....
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I'll be calling the November vote soon.
          The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
          and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
            My current webhost basically has some restarted security restrictions which break the RPotM system we had setup. So essentially unless I go to a dedicated host with no restrictions I can't make it easily work again...

Which would require me to spend even more $$ ....
            I see we finally have a face for our fears. Is it that they dont allows SQL databases anymore?
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I have a dedicated MySQL server (professional hosting) kicking around with a bunch of free tables.

I'd gladly donate a few to the cause. Of course, that -does- mean linking to an external MySQL server.

Let me know if you'd like it, though.
              Johanna Patson:"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare."
              (Original quote by Dale Carnegie)
              Krystl - Undefeatable

Ranahlee: Perpetually Perplexed.

Sylvain Enoic: Young paladin of Tyr.
              ---------
              Stalking on the mountains, clutching a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Sypthe! And they give a vengeful bellow:"I'm going to hump you so thoroughly, you will drink poison and piss honey!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sypthe View Post
                I have a dedicated MySQL server (professional hosting) kicking around with a bunch of free tables.

I'd gladly donate a few to the cause. Of course, that -does- mean linking to an external MySQL server.

Let me know if you'd like it, though.
                Oh I have the equipment to host a SQL DB thats not the problem, go daddy doesn't allow external SQL connections which means I would have to move the website again to someone more expensive to get that functionality back.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I miss the Player Options page more than the RPotM voting page (that one is still being accounted for in a different flavour). It was a handy place to put in character background information and restrict what's visible to the public and DMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
                    I miss the Player Options page more than the RPotM voting page (that one is still being accounted for in a different flavour). It was a handy place to put in character background information and restrict what's visible to the public and DMs.
                    Fixing it requires me to move the website again, which is a lot of work and has to be done in my spare time. When I work weekends a lot its hard to find the time to do it.

George Carlin

Comment

Don't sweat it, man. There are far more pressing concerns, and we appreciate what you do in the time you have to do it.
                      Originally posted by Cornuto
                      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Fully agreed with Rogue on this one
                        LINK <-- This song scares me, make sure you have sound...

Comment

Yeah, I agree as well. It's good enough that the site is up and running, and running well at that. There used to be problems a lot more frequently back when I first came here. I was just making a simple statement

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                            Don't sweat it, man. There are far more pressing concerns, and we appreciate what you do in the time you have to do it.
                            Here's the appreciation box: http://www.sundren.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                            X