Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A gauge of Interest for a player driven, unscripted faction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gauge of Interest for a player driven, unscripted faction.

((Hey, hopefully many people might have seen the in character, "Justice" thread in the rumor section some time ago. As you might have already surmised, I'm attempting to drum up interest and momentum for a non-scripted, player run faction revolving around Hoarite ideologies and vigilante justice.

The goal here is to get a small group of PC's that play regularly throughout the week on their own time, and could commit to one night a week for regular DM supported events.

Additionally, I'd like to try to get in game awareness rolling in the future, so that PC's might submit their own petitions to the group, to promote community involvement, and hopefully interesting play outside of DM events.

So the question is...does this sound interesting to people? Is it something you'd like to take part in on any of your characters, either as a petitioner or a potential recruit? Feel free to leave a post, or send a PM.))

It's a cool idea, as it would fill a niche. Vigilante justice doesn't always mix with rebellion (Veritas).

Though I recall hearing some time ago that it's standard policy not to give player created factions any dedicated support. You might still get DM events just like everyone else and have the faction play some role in it. Sort of like the dwarf faction (Skullcleavers) did in the past.

Comment

I should be getting NWN2 back working this week.

Safe to say, there's a certain old friend of yours who might be around for this. She never had much respect for the law telling her she wasn't able to tear evil peoples' heads off.
      Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
      "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

My thanks to those so quickly showing their interest. Can't wait to see you in game again Root.

Comment

I have a toon that would be interested in this. (Not Alexander of course)
          Let me know when and then I can go from there
          Active Characters
          Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
          Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
          Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
          Dorin Hammond- Scout
          Seith Ronson- Master of War
          "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
          Socrates
          sigpic

Comment

I'm so bad with account names sometimes...which alexander did you also play, in addition to this relevant character?

Comment

As Kaeldorn mentioned, there are no player driven factions in Sundren. When I say "faction"
              I mean in the sense that we have NPCs, a supported store, a faction in our system, and ranks programmed in.

In addition to this, DM support is the main difference: player driven initiatives for a faction will not receive DM support either (regular events and such).

With the case of the Skullcleavers they were rolled into our NPC faction and while they still called themselves Skullcleavers any DM or faction support to them was only because they are members of the Exigo under Whurest subfaction.

The reasoning behind all this is any effort we make to support player factions always becomes wasted if it becomes inactive or if members change etc. This is true no matter what, people can promise the world but player driven factions simply do not last.

So having said that you are free to make a player run initiative to do what you will, just keep in mind the points above.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Veerin is my sign on name, but Alexander Evenwood of Helm.
                Active Characters
                Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                Dorin Hammond- Scout
                Seith Ronson- Master of War
                "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                Socrates
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it was evenwood. Just making sure

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. Creating and maintaining a player group is a challenging task, in any setting.

While I can very much appreciate your desire to chart your own path, I suggest that you look ahead and consider what common ground you will have with the official factions. Numbers mean a great deal when it comes to achieving and maintaining your ends, and the NPC factions have both numbers and political influence.

For example, Doubtful himself once wistfully suggested someone play a paladin of Hoar aligned with the Veritas. He would naturally seek to vengefully smite all those adventurers who would casually slaughter their way through the Veritas stronghold and homestead.

Comment

I still like the idea. It's something that can appeal to a wide variety of characters, meaning it's not a matter of creating a character entirely intending to do nothing but be in a faction, rather just slipping into their role happily, possibly whilst being part of another faction.
                      Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
                      "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Thanks for the support, Root.

As for Intrepid. Thanks for wishing me well. Furthermore, your reservations are noted. I know it's not going to be easy trying to run things myself with limited support. But I intend to try to do the best I can. I mean, after all...don't players have to do their best to make a difference: by players, for players? You can't always wait around for a DM or a new scripted faction to come along and satisfy your needs...or you're going to be waiting around for something that may not be coming.

I'd rather try, and possibly fail, trying to do something that may or may have been attempted before.

Comment

Hoo-rah. And I'd imagine that with a clear goal there will at least be PC's getting up to stuff, which makes it easier for DM's to do stuff than trying to drag people away from the campfire again.

Comment

That's my hope. At present, PC's that have seen the "Justice" thread bulletins in the rumors section are more than welcome to seek audiences for wrongs, through in game contact, responding to the rumor thread, IC forum PM's, etc.. Gets characters involved...gets completely character driven game play going, in addition to DM involvement. That's my goal.

Comment

Working...
                            X