Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP - one more stupid time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP - one more stupid time!

I am really sorry to put this out there again, but I am a little confused.

I understand that it takes about 5 months to develop your character to level 20....How is that 5 months measured? Is it based on time played, NWN time or the calendar?
    Jandar Snow - Cleric of Justice (with a little weakness for alcohol/women/song/etc)
    Llorimar Snow - A young Druid, forced to find himself before joining the Circle

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ---WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!!"

It's based on the time your character is created. But the time you play in the server is logged too, to avoid people creating a char, leaving him/her in the freezer for 4 months and 2 weeks, then going in a leveling spree out of nowhere
    Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

Online and Offline time for that char, yes. Take a break sometimes

Comment

So starting at the time your character is created, you must be logged onto Sundren for 5 calendar months? Does anyone know how this forumla is defined?
        Jandar Snow - Cleric of Justice (with a little weakness for alcohol/women/song/etc)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ---WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Comment

Online vs offline????

I am not trying to be a jerk (maybe I do that well anyway) but am trying to understand if someone is a casual player (5 hours a week, lets say) will it take the same amount of time for a more seriouse player (20hrs a week, again just making this up). Given that they are doing things that generate xp, would it take the same amount of time to reach level 20?

Comment

Yes, it's 5 months straight, offline or online. If you play 23 hrs a day you will be able to get roughly the same xp (per day) as someone who plays 5 hours a week. But there are DMs around, so if you lg in one hour a day and all you do is kill stuff and get xp... well, you'll attract attention
            Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

If your question hasn't been answered, please post a help request . Thanks. Closed.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hmmm... As Crimson said, it takes 5 months to reach level 20 if you max out your experience gain per day. And no, you do not need to be logged in

The modifier for your experience gain will slowly increase the more time you spend not killing stuff, or being offline...

Comment

You're character has a timestamp of when it was created. This timestamp is compared against the current time to decide exp rate. So online or offline time doesn't matter. However, we track, for management purposes, people's total online time. So if we see people online for 6 hours with 20k exp, we kinda know this guy was just trying to power level his eyes out

Comment

Working...
                  X