Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normal guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal guy!

Made a new character, using what GBX said about having more "normal" characters on the server.....and I have to say it's a blast.

For those of you who have run into Thom Grinwell, what do you think?
    Am I overdoing it? I need feedback, because I'm not used to playing characters like this.

P.S. the name is an omage to a fake farmboy in a popular series of books.
    If you can name the book series, and the character who uses this alias, you win 5 Internets.
    Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

He's fun to watch, people with normal mindsets are fun to play as well.

Cowards for the win!
    "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
    - Bertrand Russell

Comment

i think you're doing a great job, i liked how gullible he is. Cool to see someone play an ordinary dude, with a fresh sense of wonder and awe.
      Garion Redwind- Elitist Wizard
      Rake- The one-eyed Scout
      Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do!

Comment

You deserve a cookie for making a normal joe shmoe

Comment

Outstanding! All the superhero types running around make me want to gag sometimes. It is refreshing to see a normal Joe type gallivanting around Sundren. Most folks would not have the reflex to do something like this! Two thumbs up from me.

Comment

Have had great fun roleplaying with Thom, especially how Roe can push all his buttons so easilly. Nice to have another local-yokel to talk with as well.

P.S.: Wheel of Time is a great series . The Thom in those books is a great template for bards everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by OzmaDarkheart View Post
              Made a new character, using what GBX said about having more "normal" characters on the server.....and I have to say it's a blast.

For those of you who have run into Thom Grinwell, what do you think?
              Am I overdoing it? I need feedback, because I'm not used to playing characters like this.

P.S. the name is an omage to a fake farmboy in a popular series of books.
              If you can name the book series, and the character who uses this alias, you win 5 Internets.

I just ran into Thorn today *laughs*. I have to say I'm impressed by your roleplay. Well done man, very well done and looking forward to interacting and roleplaying with you again.

Kai Nightwind by the way. It was great teaching him how to be cordial in Aquor, good fun.

-Arckeya
              Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

Thank you greatly to everyone who responded! Nice to meet alot of you I never did as Barrigan.

Originally posted by --chupacabra-- View Post
                Have had great fun roleplaying with Thom, especially how Roe can push all his buttons so easilly. Nice to have another local-yokel to talk with as well.

P.S.: Wheel of Time is a great series . The Thom in those books is a great template for bards everywhere.
                Thom Grinwell is actually based off all three of the boys at the very beginning of the book series...I feel like a geek, cuz I used the alias Rand uses when he first meets the royal family as the characters name :P
                And stop calling him a mind-controlling pervert! He hasn't even had a chance to cast that spell yet.

Originally posted by Arckeya View Post
                I just ran into Thorn today *laughs*. I have to say I'm impressed by your roleplay. Well done man, very well done and looking forward to interacting and roleplaying with you again.

Kai Nightwind by the way. It was great teaching him how to be cordial in Aquor, good fun.

-Arckeya
                Thanks for the compliment!
                Thom is his name actually...I know, the font makes it hard for me to tell to..and Thom is so overwhelmed with hero-worship he's not gonna correct you.....Heh...seems everyone he meets tries to teach him something or adopt him.... Nice to meetcha in game finally....
                Last edited by OzmaDarkheart; 03-24-2007, 03:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks!

Comment

Just met Thom today as well. You are doing a great job. *thumbs up*

Comment

Sarlis managed to meet Thom in connection to Kai. Much fun enjoyed him quite a lot.

Comment

And stop calling him a mind-controlling pervert! He hasn't even had a chance to cast that spell yet.
                      *sarcatically* sure he hasn't cast the spell. Oh, those poor defenceless young ones...

Comment

Sirarra also met him yesterday, I have to say, you have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. XD
                        Characters:
                        Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                        Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                        If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by --chupacabra-- View Post
                          *sarcatically* sure he hasn't cast the spell. Oh, those poor defenceless young ones...
                          T.T

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
                          Sirarra also met him yesterday, I have to say, you have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. XD
                          Actually, no one's going to believe me, but he was honestly just trying to leave the city when vampires started flooding the area......so he did what any normal farmboy would do...he panicked!....and then was too scared to wander off alone with vampires around, so he followed the large group of heavily armed people who he had seen could kill vampires. Made perfect sense at the time....

Comment

T.T

Actually, no one's going to believe me, but he was honestly just trying to leave the city when vampires started flooding the area......so he did what any normal farmboy would do...he panicked!....and then was too scared to wander off alone with vampires around, so he followed the large group of heavily armed people who he had seen could kill vampires. Made perfect sense at the time....
                            Seeing as D&D vampires have so many restrictions, wouldn't hiding in a temple be good enough, if not better?
                            Faerayorn Zargoth II - Nobleman, wizard and swordsman

Deth'amaendul Amastacia - Halberd weilding sun elven, sun elf hating warrior.

Comment

Oh, i havent really talked to him, but he was watching at the time I was talking to Sarlis and Silia. THen he took some funny notes when I was talking to the elves.. Tug down their ears indeed... O_o.

Comment

Working...
                              X