Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undetectable Alignment--does it exist here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undetectable Alignment--does it exist here?

I've checked the wiki, and it wasn't listed. Is there any way to disguise my alignment from those nosy paladins?

For reference:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Undetectable_Alignment
    Sago Trumperstomper--Halfling Bandit (retired)
    Hraligar Brittlefist--Dwarven Superiority Advocate
    Kraz't Goretusk--Goretusk Tribe Chieftan

Protection from good does this on the server.
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Don't act suspicious?
      Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)
      Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

its a detect evil spell correct? so that would just return if the person had some variation of evil? So if you were neutral (or good) the paladin wouldn't get anything?
        Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
        Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
        Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
        Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
        Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
        Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
        Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

Uh..you're talking to the player behind Sago Trumperstomper, renowned bandit of Sunren

Thanks, good to know about the prot from good, DM. Now I need to get some UMD skills or a caster level.

Comment

A paladin's ability to use detect evil as a spell-like-ability is just a representation for their PnP ability to innately feel evil automatically. They shouldn't even need to concentrate on it. Whether someone acts evil or not, a paladin should immediately detect the evil in them.
            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Incorrectamundo mister Urithrand..

Paladins are allowed to use detect evil as a spell like ability, it requires concentration to use (approx 18sec intense staring and concentration).

Originally posted by http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectevil.htm
              You can sense the presence of evil. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round
              Presence or absence of evil.

2nd Round
              Number of evil auras (creatures, objects, or spells) in the area and the power of the most potent evil aura present.
              If you are of good alignment, and the strongest evil aura’s power is overwhelming (see below), and the HD or level of the aura’s source is at least twice your character level, you are stunned for 1 round and the spell ends.

3rd Round
              The power and location of each aura. If an aura is outside your line of sight, then you discern its direction but not its exact location.
              Originally posted by http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/paladin.htm
              Detect Evil (Sp)
              At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell.
              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Of course, there's nothing to stop a paladin from running around and spamming it on everyone they see. But for the sake of RP, and hopefully promoting others to play evil people intelligently, I tend to lean against spamming it all willy-nilly.

Usually waiting for something suspicious before choosing to hit the ol' Detect Evil.

Being masked is a pretty quick way to be suspicious, by the way.

Comment

Bah, the mask is necessary so I can rob people

Comment

Yeah, the spamming routine is painful..

"Hi! I'm kevin, I'm new here and wondered if you'd be my friend?"

"Maybe.." *stares intently into Kevins soul, balancing the weight of his heart against a feather*

"Umm.. Actually mister, you creep me out with that staring. I think I'll find a less freakish person to chill with."
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Anyone read the Order of the Stick? Can I just carry a sheet of lead around to shield myself from it?

Comment

Originally posted by 07paul87 View Post
                        Anyone read the Order of the Stick? Can I just carry a sheet of lead around to shield myself from it?
                        Perhaps staff could consider this.

A square tower shield, all in grey, multiple negative item penalties, extra weight....

Comment

Alignment X on the evil-good axis:

I don't detect any evil aura. Hey buddy, lets have beer.

Alignment X-1 on the evil-good axis:

I sense evil on you. You'd better run before i kill you in the name of all that is good.

But i just stole some apples and this purse...

Shut up you evil bastard! *smites the poor shady guy with his greatsword*

I have seen people refusing to travel with a new player because some paladin used detect on every body he met. The result was that the poor guy got killed countless times.

You should also keep in mind that you don't know anything about the things the other one did: is he a cheater? a thief? a murderer? a priest of bane or just some poor guy that never had a chance?

Comment

That's fair. But according to the 'Code':

While she may adventure with characters of any good or neutral alignment, a paladin will never knowingly associate with evil characters, nor will she continue an association with someone who consistently offends her moral code.
                            I'll resist the urge to post commentary, and simply let others take that for what it's worth. Oh, it's from the SRD, by the way.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X