Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small rules update - Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small rules update - Pregnancy

The following has been added to our rules on sexual and/or offensive situations (wiki link):

- Pregnancy - While Sundren is a mature-content server there are some areas in which care must be taken. Pregnancy and childbirth fall into that area; as a result pregnancy should now result in the retirement (Total retirement from play) of the pregnant PC, unless otherwise permitted by a DM.

This isn't to say we think that pregnancy or childbirth is offensive - Once you're past all the screaming, grunting, sweating, swearing, pain and bodily fluids it's generally a wonderful and happy thing - It just isn't something well suited to Sundrens environment.
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

So uhhh, how many pregnant women have you been around?

I definitely agree that it wouldn't be suited for Sundren, just as someone who was pregnant, your description of it amused me.
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

i guess you'd have to be extra-evil to pvp a pregnant woman, even if you had a damn fine reason to do so. i could see this causing the fall of more than one paladin...

"quick, get that necromancer before she completes the ritual of mass undeath, thereby turning everyone in the valley into her zombie minions" *winces* "ooo... but she's pregnant. maybe we should let this one slide."
      Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
      Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
      The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
      Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
      (And too many more to bother listing)

Comment

A small note on this:

The major reason for this minor change is to avoid issues that might offend someone. It's rare in this environment for characters to create family members. So news of pregnancy alerts all PCs. Evils, bless their black little hearts, often look for vulnerabilities to exploit on other PCs. We've seen things in the past where these babies have been stolen, killed, or turned undead.

Not everyone is OK with those sorts of images for babies IRL. Rape, torture, and the like can spark really intense emotions, even when they are fictional. While we love good stories and plots, our focus will always be on the real feelings of real people over those stories.

And no, it hasn't yet happened to my knowledge. Just nipping it before it does.

One final note:
        DMs can circumvent this rule in some cases. They may have plots where someone becomes pregnant, "fade to black" torture is done, etc. These exceptions must always be regulated, so please seek out a DM if this is something your villain wants to do.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

But what is Comedy Evil without all its Dead Baby tropes?

Classy Comedy Evil, that's what.

Comment

Working...
          X