Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed - how to reinstall sundren files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - how to reinstall sundren files?

Ok, trying to play on the server, but when I start on the ship the problem is that there is no ship on the exterior map. There is rain and water, but no boat. My character is gone, but I can click and move around (ie my camera is centered on an invisible character that is on an invisible boat).

I suspect that I have some kind of corrupt override or hak file. Should I delete all files in override and hak directory and hope the server can reinstall them?

Thanks for any help given.

We don't use overrides, but it may indeed by haks or 2das. But, when you log in, it should be checking the version.

I would do the following:

1) Remove all overrides. We don't use them and ask that our players don't, too. Just move any you have to your desktop temporarily. The default folder for overrides is My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\override

2) If that doesn't work, remove haks and re-login to Sundren so you get a fresh batch. Haks are kept in My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\hak by default. This will be a long process, so let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Nvidia display drivers?
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Yeah, it's probably the Nvidia display drivers. There was one set that actually borked half the NWN2 exterior environments. Update to the newest ones. If you're already on the newest, you might need to rollback.

Comment

Thanks for the help, tried re-downloading the hak files and removed all things in override, still no ship. I realized I can see a very faint outline of the ship and my character, but I can't really see enough to be able to move back to the door to get me below deck.

Not sure why this is happening. Windows 7 automatically downloaded a new nvidia driver recently, could be that, but why would it cause the ship and my char to become invisible while leaving the water and rain untouched? That seems like a really unusual thing to do. I'll look around for a new nvidia driver.

Edit: Tyranny, didn't know there was a specific conflict with nvidia. Will try to correct drivers. Thanks.

Comment

Right.... so I installed the new version of the drivers without looking to see that it was already installed. Now when I role back I simply role back to the same driver. I am at the new driver version, but it doesn't seem to work with NWN2. Will have to try to manually install old version somehow...

Newest version is 8.17.11.9745 (4/3/2010)

Edit: Note I am running Win 7 64 bit, for anyone who has the same issue.

Comment

Yup, the 4/3 version doesn't work for me, either.
              Let me see if I can find a link to the last one that does work...
              Well, what card are you using?

Anyway, I rolled back to the last non-Beta driver that worked.
              http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
              Which is 196.21

That one does work for me. In NWN2, that is. That driver doesn't work in Empire: Total War, which can prove a wee bit annoying.

Comment

Direct link to driver lookup on nvidia, hope it works:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Edit: Thanks a bunch, Tyranny

Comment

Muahahahahhaha! Yes, YES, it works!

Ok, tried 197.13 and that didn't work either.

Then tried Tyranny's 196.21, and presto, it worked! Thanks so much again Tyranny.

"Take 'er down, Smithers." "Uh, sir, you're flying the plane." "Excellent."

Comment

Join us in pestering nvidia for a fix
                    sigpic
                    Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Nvidia are apparently aware of this issue and are hopefully working on some kind of fix.

Hopefully the next driver update. Hopefully.

Edit: Let's not turn this into a card slanging match - Bugs happen.
                      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                      X