Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aristocrat-like character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aristocrat-like character?

Hello forums! I've been having some trouble coming up with a character... They all just seem bland to me and with no spark to them, the ones I am coming up with so far.

Although, I had this idea for a rogue character. Except the twist is, he's not your normal 'sneaky-like' thief or anything like that, he's build around conversational skills and the parry skill, plus the saber that he wields at his side. (I'm not even sure if there's a saber in this game, but I'll concider it like a rapier... Or a longsword, actually... *Reads Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide*) Anyway, back to the point, this concept sound really cool and I would get a lot of role play out of it.

Yet, the problem I have is... Would this land (Server), be good for that type of character or is this land too combat based for him?
    " I always know the Right Thing to say, after the Right Time to say it has passed."

There's no reason why a character with conversational skills can't survive. When building it's worth remembering that, due to the nature of the beast, there will always be the possibility of combat.

There's no reason why you can't succeed though - Just remember to go looking for violence with a group!
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Sounds like a perfect swashbuckler imho. It's an elegant class, and it works fine

Comment

The only thing to remember (now that I think about it) is that the Parry system is hilariously broken.

Mind you, nothing really new considering the engine.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

some builds will never be particularly good at combat, but you can still be happy with them, depending on how you play them; if you go out and play your support-oriented character like a tank, things won't go well for ya. i have a dedicated healer, myself, and he never goes outside the wire without a friend.
          Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
          Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
          The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
          Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
          (And too many more to bother listing)

Comment

Originally posted by cdnspr View Post
            some builds will never be particularly good at combat, but you can still be happy with them, depending on how you play them;
            * Cough * Cirion * cough *

* runs away yet one more time giggling *
            Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
            Cybil Gelley (Retired)
            Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

*Cough* Vampires *Cough*... wait... I'm backwards aren't I?

Comment

Rogues are hard to play friend, really! But hey Its worth having 11skills/lvl in my opinion - if ur human. Trick is as mentioned, stick with a party, know how to corner your enemies - walk if you dont have mobility so you dont get attack of oportunity from mobs - and make sure to carry nice pots - barkskin, invisibility, cat's grace.
                Well its it, I do enjoy having many skills but I pay for it XD just do a char you like and face the barriers =p
                hope this helps
                Characters:

Hei Black Moon/Lee Senshun - Vigilantee/Retired Legion Alchemist
                Mira Armstrong - Aspiring Red Blade

Comment

Want to play an uncommon rogue? Roll a rogue with honor that wants to help Sundren and its people, so you can join the Red Blades the best faction ever!

Welcome by the way
                  "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Heh, I actually wanted him to join the Exigo Syndicate and just be a... Entrepreneur, I suppose would be the best word, I think... Go out and find valuable ventures and makes allies out of enemies... Maybe even get an underground business going. He's actually quite honorable and reliable, I view him like an aristocrat for that very reason... I know it's kind of dumb, but it just sounds aristocratic to me.

Well, thanks for the support people, I just had a few worries on those parts.
                    Last edited by GoneAstrayGod; 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM. Reason: Font!
                    " I always know the Right Thing to say, after the Right Time to say it has passed."

Comment

I think the Exigo may have use for such a fellow.
                      sigpic
                      Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Making money through enterprise and running business sounds aristocratic?

Egads man, it sounds perilously close to being involved in that distasteful industry business.

Gracious, if Lady Chatsworth hears one peep about mills, or the grimness of the north, she may ban you outright from her poetry evenings.

*tuts and returns to being prim*
                        Sydney Smith.

Comment

So this family walks into a talent agency.
                          Originally posted by Cornuto
                          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

It's the Jacksons! Winner!
                            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by DM_Equinox View Post
                              I think the Exigo may have use for such a fellow.
                              "My good druid friends! All that we want is to use the resources of the land in a good, and useful manner to further the goals of the people that live here! Surely you can't fault us for that? After all ..."

* gets stomped by a treant *

"Wooom boom barum!"
                              Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
                              Cybil Gelley (Retired)
                              Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Working...
                              X