Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection issues?

Been having problems staying connected to Sundren between last night and tonight. Every minute or so I get the "server response has timed out" message. Which is odd since it started last night after I had been playing for a few hours.

I'm trying to trouble shoot the issue...any ideas on what could be the problem?
    Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
    Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
    Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
    Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
    Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
    Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
    Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Wow Battlepixie that was weird i dont know what happened then but as you were crashing the whole area lagged out like a mofo... then I crashed...I hope i'm not dead...again lol
    Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

yup i will lose connection with the server, try to reconnect, crash to desktop when my character starts to load into the server. Restart nwn, but find my character is still logged in when i try to reconnect. Wait a bit, try again, crash to desktop again (this will hapene a few times). Finally get back into the world then a minute later lose connection to the server and start the whole process over again.
      Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."

Toons:

Comment

Hmm... the forums are acting a bit weird too ... maybe the problems are related?

Timestamps look to be the biggest issue there though... odd.
        sigpic
        Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Hmmm I've been having some issues as well but I'm assuming that its my crap connection.....The fact is that it has to pretty much swim over to the server (I'm not joking...Australia has worse internet speeds than most third world country's)

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

I have the same problem, except mine actually is my internet connection.
            It freezes up pretty frequently, and generally in very inconvenient places.

So, uh, I can't help you at all..
            But hey, at least I can sympathize!
            "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

Originally posted by Vaelek View Post
              So, uh, I can't help you at all..
              But hey, at least I can sympathize!
              LOL!!

Even if I am not having problems, can I sympathize too?
              "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Yes...yes you can, just join the legion first

Comment

heh, I am legion already.

I am Red Blade, legion and hands

I am a true Sandarian guardian!
                  "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Originally posted by Lanemeyer View Post

I am a true Sandarian guardian!

I always knew you were a spy!
                    "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

hmm I'm running out of ideas to resolve this issues.

I thought it was my USB 598 modem switching from EvDO to RTT, but restricting the modem to either or does not resolve the issue.

My signal strength is better there than at home (in fact this is the best reception i've ever had), so I don't think that's the issue.

Bleh!

Toons:

Comment

hmm it might be related with the connection going dormant if there is no data being transfered after a certain amount of time (say 30sec). However, I would think that being connected to Sundren would cause a steady stream of data? If not then i need to find a web page that refreshes frequently (every 15 sec or so) and keep it running. Maybe that will solve my problem?

Toons:

Comment

I don't think so...when your playing data is going back and forth all the time so that cant be it..I take it you would have reinstalled the software that runs your modem and have the latest drivers for it?

Comment

Oh i've also found that malware can wreak havok sometimes...

Comment

all my software is up to date and I haven't found any viruses / malware.

Of course this isn't the first time this has happened. About a month ago when I disappeared for a few weeks, it was the same problem, just a different city

Toons:

Comment

Working...
                              X