Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Influence of other player's background stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((19 CHA - RP for more))

I've seen someone with that, and it made my smiting finger twitch.

For a start CHA is not a measure of physical beauty - you could legitimately play a high-CHA character who is trolling about on the wrong side of the ugly fence, or have a low-CHA beauty queen. The only thing having your CHA stat in your description indicates is your own general fecklessness.

I don't need too RP just to look at your toons face, suggesting I do makes me wander off to different areas and do something else.

Having nothing, having the default, having a CHA score, having 'RP for more' just makes it harder for other people to get involved with you, and gives off the general air that you can't be bothered with it all - If you can't be bothered, then why should people bother with you?

[/early morning rant]
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

I think that a bit of physical description accompanied with some other description is alright. If you write that your character is beautiful, or whatever, you can also add some other possible impressions like - the girl impresses you as an evil, shy, always tired person etc. It is also alright when you describe your character as a criminal at the first sight, looser or apparently arrogant, because you do not need to speak with them to think that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
        For a start CHA is not a measure of physical beauty - you could legitimately play a high-CHA character who is trolling about on the wrong side of the ugly fence, or have a low-CHA beauty queen. The only thing having your CHA stat in your description indicates is your own general fecklessness.
        [/early morning rant]
        ...so a more apt description would be along the lines of: "...considered of above average beauty by most..."?

Just asking as I put in my CHA on my new toon's BIO

- Sorry slightly off-topic
        Calandra Gleamblade

Comment

If your character is an above average beauty, then yes, that would be a fairly legitimate thing to say.

CHA isn't just about beauty: From two sources (I'm in work and don't have access to a lot of places, but I can grab these):

Originally posted by NWN2 Wiki, Charisma
          Charisma measures a character's force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.
          Originally posted by Wikipedia, Game Mechanics (D&D)
          Charisma is the measure of the character's combined physical attractiveness, persuasiveness, and personal magnetism. A generally non-beautiful character can have a very high charisma due to strong measures of the other two aspects of charisma.
          So, as before - ugly high-CHA, perfectly fine.

If you're going the CHA=phwoar route then I'm always a fan of a little hint as to why a person is beautiful - what is it that marks them out as above average?

Is it the way they move, the way they talk, their hair, their eyes, their skin, their lips, the structure of their face? Is it their body, the way they laugh, the way they smile, the way they hold themselves?

Maybe it's a classical beauty? An avant garde beauty? Maybe even a Hellenic beauty?

Could it be a dramatic beauty! A natural beauty? Raven haired beauty? How about a cold beauty? Latino? Amazonian? Curvy? Slender?

Just saying 'She's a bit of a looker' is a bit... well...
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

I like to know other people's CHA scores if for no other reason than to see that they're playing them appropriately. Few things irk me like the 8 CHA socialite who wants to lead the party.
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

The 8 CHA 'socialite' should really be an 8 CHA sheepish dork.

Comment

8 Cha has a negative modifier, so you'd expect the character to have some problems of some kind - An obnoxious personality, the kind of face people never get tired of punching, all the charm of dead lettuce...

Whatever the cause it would reflect as some kind of impairment that would cause most people they meet to react negatively in comparison to an 'average' person.

The actual manner of that is up to the toons creator, but shouldn't be glossed over.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Counterpoint, Logan has an 8 CHA and he is loved by all.
                  ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

Comment

What's not to love about the little stinker? He shows us each and every day how much lovlier everybody else is.
                    sigpic
                    Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

He's loved in-spite of his numerous flaws, not because of...
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Hmm,

I do not look at it at all, well only once because the toon was RPed oddly and I what to know why.

I did not realize that others looked at it so much. I will try to be better about looking at them and updating mine.

As for CHA, I think that it is not a bad thing to add providing you add the why! I remember comeliness that was used to determine effects on others that are beyond their control. I would be nice if they brought that back.

Just my 2 cents
                        Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                        Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                        Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                        Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Second thought drop CHA... it is a useless stat of interaction. Much like wisdom it should be used for spells.

Looks, influence, etc. does not work the same on all people, races.
                          Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                          Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                          Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                          Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Originally posted by Ebannon View Post
                            Counterpoint, Logan has an 8 CHA...
                            On a totally off topic note: I make my own beer, and I had a "not-so-tasty" batch that I named, "Logan's Foul Brew" Completely inspired by Logan. It caused an 8 CHA look on your face when you drank it.
                            Ru'umel Amakiir - Ranger of the Corps de Grace
                            Will Smither - Imbuer of some, Master of None...
                            Zelom Silverstar - Evangelistic singing elf
                            Originally posted by Machiavelli
                            "What in hells are you doin' with my chicken?"

Comment

Working...
                            X