Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal: Bi-Weekly gaming group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Bi-Weekly gaming group.

I've been having the growing desire to dedicate some DM hours to a group of PCs that can regularly make two nights a week for party-focused RP and adventure. The time I would have available for this are evenings in the U.S. Eastern time zone.

Ideally these would all be newly created characters made for the purpose of this group, and the weekly adventures would be centered around the groups background and motivations for coming to Sundren. So, I'd be hoping for folks willing to put some thought and planning into their characters.

Would there be any interest in something like this?
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

I would without a doubt love to do this. Weekends would be best.
    James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

i'm in. evenings or weekends (except sunday night)
      Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
      Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
      Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
      Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
      Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
      Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
      Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

I would be interested.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Absolutely positively definitely.
          Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
          Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
          -General George S. Patton

Comment

Awesome idea. I'm interested, but I'd honestly like to know what sort of 'party' it'd be, before committing to such (time's not a problem for me, however).

Comment

Gnomes!
              "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

....Please, anything but gnomes. I'd be down for some weekend adventures, yeah.
                Characters:
                Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Oh, we can ALL be gnomes. Peridan can be the gnome-slayer come hunting us.
                  James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
                    Would there be any interest in something like this?
                    Yes, from my side too.

Alarielle Greenleaf - woodland servant of Silvanus and all his daughters

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxicalAnonymity View Post
                      Awesome idea. I'm interested, but I'd honestly like to know what sort of 'party' it'd be, before committing to such (time's not a problem for me, however).
                      Ditto.

Except that I already have so many toons, it's pathetic :P
                      Ursus Ahrahl: Vengeful Desert Warrior (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ursus_Ahrahl)
                      Zaphram Babblerocks: Silly Gnome Tinkerer
                      Ronon Darkholme: Eye and ear of the Night Watch of Kelemvor's Eternal Order (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...onon_Darkholme)
                      Jakomyn Moriarty: Misunderstood Calishite mage (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jakomyn_Moriarty)
                      Turin Greyhold: Ex-mercenary paladin of Torm (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...reyhold,_Turin)
                      Alexandros Pentacost: 1/2 Orc Cleric of the Red Knight
                      "Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Comment

I"d leave that up to the players really, it's not the DMs job to construct the party, we just build the adventures around them.

I'd suggest that you have a good understanding of Sundren/FR lore, and make a character that will have reason to have interactions with the various movers and shakers of the valley. I always think its better to give your PCs a reason they've turned to adventuring, some event or goal that is motivating them, otherwise they end up as reactionary characters waiting for things to happen around them. Bit these are just suggestions, its up to the players.

Comment

I wasn't asking for you to construct the part so much as get an idea of what sort of party you were looking for. Because if it ends up being a party full of Myrkulites and Banites and I made a paladin, for instance, I don't think it'd really work out.

So, there are two ways to go about it (hell, more than two ways, but two come to mind). Find the people that seem to have the best time slots to work consistently, and then have them all try to pound out a party idea, or the DM just gives a generalized view of what sort of party he was looking for. Mercenary. Lightbringers. Hopecrushers. Pirates. Etc.

I'm fine with either. But a general concept (whether from a DM or from a potential-player powwow) is necessary, at least for me, before I try to commit myself to coming up with a new character. Maybe I'm being way too picky, however, and am not right for this. :P

Comment

Then I guess my next question is of those that are interested, what times/days would best suit you?

Comment

evenings and weekends (except Sunday night)
                              Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
                              Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
                              Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
                              Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
                              Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
                              Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
                              Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

Working...
                              X