Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A deity question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A deity question.

While I sit here and wait for my Nwn2 discs to get here... (They're shipping over from Japan I think...) -- I was reading your deity list, and there seems to be one missing.

Unless I'm mistaken?

I had a character planned out that I am currently writing a nifty back story for, however she worships the Seldarine in all however Naralis Analor primarily. He is the elven god of Death and Healing.

Is he missing for a reason? Is there something I'm not aware of?
    Here is his information:

Naralis Analor
    The Healer, The Watcher of Souls

Lesser Elven Deity
    Symbol:
    A shield bearing a white dove.
    Home Plane: Arvandor
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Portfolio: Healing, Easing of Pain, Death
    Worshipers: Elves, Elven Healers/Clerics
    Cleric Alignments: True Neutral, Neutral Good
    Domains: Good, Healing, Sun, Death
    Favored Weapon: ?

In the Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game, Naralis Analor is a minor elven god associated with healing, easing of pain, and death. His symbol is a shield bearing a white dove. He is considered a member of the Seldarine.
    Naralis Analor's primary interest is not just the safeguarding of elven souls after they depart, but also healing of the living. He is one of the few death gods who isn’t malevolent or uncaring, and he’s very popular in those worlds where his worship is practiced.
    Naralis’s worshipers are those who are concerned with keeping their fellow elves healthy, and in caring for those who are going to die. Some adventurers give their respect to Naralis in the hope he’ll be able to turn the next potential deathblow away from them.

__________________________________________________ _______

Not much else is said about him, but I think it would be neat if he were included? If not, or if it's too much trouble just let me know so I can not start writing...

Forgotten Realms has a mess of Gods, many of whom overlap constantly with others, even in Fourth Edition. Since this is Third Edition, I don't believe the Devs have incorporated every single deity.

Comment

Well sure, but is there a power to substitute in game?
      I know the IC Pantheon/Cleric/FS restriction is pretty.. well, strict.

Comment

In the Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game,
        Typically when something says this in 3.5 it means the default D&D game world, Greyhawk. You sure this is a FR diety?
        Originally posted by Saulus
        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by DM Cornuto View Post
          Typically when something says this in 3.5 it means the default D&D game world, Greyhawk. You sure this is a FR diety?
          Quick wikipedia search (stop laughing at the back) throws him up as being a deity that was introduced by the Dragon magazine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf_deities#Naralis_Analor
          Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

So maybe I should just choose another god?

The only thing is... there isn't an elven god of healing... or death...
            At all...
            Who do the elves turn to for such things if not Naralis?

Kelemvor? And for healing? Some other random human god? :P

Comment

Play a dwarf then you wont have a problem
              Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

Ew. Maybe if someone had me at gunpoint for the duration. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                  there isn't an elven god of healing... or death...
                  At all...
                  Sehanine Moonbow: Daughter of the Night Skies, Goddess of Moonlight, the Lunar Lady, Moonlit Mystery, the Mystic Seer, the Luminous Cloud, Lady of Dreams

Portfolio: Death, Dreams, Journeys, Moon Elves, Mysticism, Selûne (The Moon), Stars, The Night Sky, Transcendence

.... Sehanine watches over the passage of Elven spirits from the world, and she is the protector of the dead. The Daughter of the Night Skies is also a guardian and guide to those Elves whose days in the world of mortals are finished and who seek to travel from the lands they know and love to distant refuges such as Evermeet. She also watches over such refuges and ensures they are kept safe from intrusion.
                  Um...
                  Originally posted by Saulus
                  Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

What about healing? Um. ;X

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                      What about healing? Um. ;X

Some people are never pleased!

Sehanine is an amazing emo Elf that spends all day dreaming about dead people and prospective futures in which people die.

Who needs healing with a personality like that?
                      "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

Because I wanted to make a priest themed FS. :P
                        And the death/healing god fit so well... I got excited. Maybe overexcited. :O
                        Last edited by Frosty; 03-28-2010, 12:53 AM. Reason: -

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty
                          Domains: Good, Healing, Sun, Death
                          A Healing AND sun deity?! Please can we have 'em Please please please? I really love that pairing...reminds me of my first real DnD char...Radiant servant of Pelor...can you guess what domains?
                          Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
                          Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
                          -General George S. Patton

Comment

Working...
                          X