Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted!

So I've purchased a "Banite Heavy Shield". The description reads, "Black and Gold winged heavy shield." Now when I equip it it looks pretty fancy, but I wouldn't immediately assume it's Banite.

My question is, would anyone have reasonable cause to think that I was of the Black Hand, purely from seeing the shield?

Ademant - Genasi with tainted blood
    Raggard Haffee - Wild Dwarven Druid

Not all Banites are Black Hand...
    Active

Inactive

Cazen - A guy who "knows a guy..."
    - Nights in Neverwinter (Cazen History)
    - Back on the Street

Thrice-Cursed Ruslan - An outcast among outcasts
    - Tales of a Foolish Brother (Ruslan History)

Comment

And yes. You would not tattoo a swastika to you forehead and not expect trouble.
      Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
      Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
      Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
      Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Alright well, I mean that the shield has no visible "Bane-specific" markings. It's just fancy, and black and gold. Only the name says it's to do with Bane at all.

Ademant - Genasi with tainted blood
        Raggard Haffee - Wild Dwarven Druid

Comment

Oh. strike that *Smiles*
          Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
          Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
          Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
          Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

No, they wouldn't. It would be a stretch to assume the color scheme meant they could figure it out.
            "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
            -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by Jai_V View Post
              Not all Banites are Black Hand...
              ^ This

Comment

Color scheme is not an acceptable way to assume someone's religion. The only way you can recognise someone's religion is if they are visibly wearing a holy symbol of their deity and you roll a reasonable knowledge religion check, DC 14.
                Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

While this would not apply to any of my current characters, it might apply to some other people's characters that have been around for awhile.

There have been some periods of time when there have been a great influx of Banites, and to which I assume they were in the Black Hand, and they'd be wearing that gold and black armor around, sometimes even in public while preaching the word of Bane.

It would come and go with how frequently and how often these individuals would show up in the tell-tale armor, but I'm sure some characters on the server would easily and readily recognize it.

Two things. First, I understand this is not the shield being spoken about.

Second, I know this is not simply a color scheme, but an actual set of armor.

But, would it not be reasonable for some characters that have been around a great deal of time, and seen this armor in a plethora of events associated with blatant Banites, to make the connection?

It's not that this veteran character would be omniscient and somehow read the mind of the Banites to discern, but I'd think it'd be a reasonable connection for some characters to make, at that point. In fact, not making that connection might be a little irresponsible on their part, if this is an excessively recurring event.

Comment

Shields are usually customized in their painting, with coats of arms, etc. Unfortunately, you can't represent that in NWN2. I'd suggest that the mold would be similar, and the color scheme, but the shield painting details would vary from shield to shield on the same model.
                    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                    -Bill Maher

Comment

In addendum to Uri's note. You can definitely assume symptoms of being a religion. I know when I'm in the hood and someone's wearing Silver, white, and black, they might very well be Latin Kings, or just a fan of the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                      X