Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment Oversight?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Oversight?

We just noticed in chat how you can't roll a neutral druid of Auril. Only evil, whereas the listed alignment for her clerics are LN, NE, and CN.

That makes me ask, how many changes were done to the worshippers alignments in NWN2?

It's a purely mechanical feature of the NWN2 engine.

It (as far as I'm aware) can't be changed - It's either All, or Axis (Lawful, Good, Evil, Chaotic).

Don't hate it, it's just the way it's built.
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Then can we get all the neutral ones, with the recommendation of not rolling TN? Pretty please

Same goes with other deities

Comment

Mm.. It makes more sense as is, than having all N...

Auril is NE, so not having that as a usable alignment for her favored souls, clerics and druids is just a bit silly.

Besides, adjusting it now would probably break all of the existing divine characters who follow her.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

I think what he hints at is making it all evil and all neutral, not all neutral instead of all evil. It doesn't make sense to take away the evils when she is in fact neutral evil, but perhaps the neutrals could be added for those who would like that - considering it isn't a huge coding issue on the devs' part.

Alarielle Greenleaf - woodland servant of Silvanus and all his daughters

Comment

I actually checked because I seemed to recall that the 2da involved (nwn2_deities.2da) contained 1 field for each alignment... Which is, in fact, true (I assume they work).
            They don't use that messy nonsense that implements the alignment restrictions for classes.
            Thus, it's actually possible to select LN, NE, and CN as legal alignments for Auril's divine casters.
            This also means that no character would be rendered illegal, as long as no valid alignment is made invalid (basically you can't take away alignments already in place, but can add new ones to the deity's subset).
            So it would be a 15 minutes work to fix all the worshippers possible alignments... Correcting oversights and perfectly matching PnP.
            Can?

Comment

Auril shouldn't allow any Good-aligned divine casters...

Also, ... Velsharoon is LN, NE, or CN... instead of all evil... >_> or all neutral...

Kossuth is the only deity I know of that has ALL... which makes me think that he wants to be Lord of All (which is probably true)

While we're on who can pick what deity though... I don't think we should bar humans from picking deites from the racial pantheons...
              Ethric Urmbrusk - Noble Dreadmaster
              Fulk of Helmsport - Faithful Soldier
              Cornelius Faustus - Scytheful Scribe
              Komeigyu Shoon Ieyasu - Exarch's Samurai
              Tahlatril Auvrealylth - Ace of Blades
              Elizabella Talmost - Sunite Sorceress
              Lucretia Valentine - Shadowy Seductress
              Haraldir Ironshield - Fallen Dwarven Defender
              Justin Cecilius - The Next Great Blind Paladin
              Hazlok Flass - Necromancer's Apprentice
              Xander Magnus - Right Hand Enforcer
              Zilabamuzale of Mezro - Guardian of Ubtao

Comment

I seem to recall Plutach being CN and not being able to advance as an Icefury even tho he had the class. He had to be remade during an after patch/update loss of all class feats several months ago and he could no longer advance as an Icefury until a DM shifted him to NE ( to get him back to where he was ).

Comment

If Auril is NE, then in keeping the 1-step rule in place her followers could be True Neutral, NE, or CE. I know in Table top it says that if you follow a deity and are a divine class you have to be within 1 step alignment-wise of that deity. So to be a NG follower of Auril who is NE would be a two-step adjustment (From NE to N to NG).

Overall, I think the engine is working as it's supposed to from what I've seen. But I don't have a divine class in the works either.

Edit: I forgot the LE alignment as NE to LE would be a 1-step as well.
                  Celahir Morningdew - Aspiring Wizard

Comment

There are numerous little issues like this that crop up from time to time - However, again, it all comes down to that rarest of things: DEV time.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Would it help if I made the required fixes and presented the file?

Comment

We are always looking for people who are willing to help develop and expand the Sundren experience.

If you feel you have the experience, skills and can commit to being a DEV for Sundren, then by all means apply for a position.
                        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Cornelius View Post
                          Auril shouldn't allow any Good-aligned divine casters...
                          Who is talking about good? We are talking about adding neutrals, not goods.

Originally posted by SirPraxian
                          Overall, I think the engine is working as it's supposed to from what I've seen. But I don't have a divine class in the works either
                          It is not working for druids, that is exactly the point here. Druids have to be neutral evil to worship Auril, although they should be able to choose her as their deity even if they are true neutral. This is how it is in pnp too, it just got changed in nwn.

This is a minor issue, and not one that bugs me a whole lot, but if it is indeed a 15 minute change, then it doesn't seem like it would take much of an effort to actually implement it (for Auril and for other deities who got run over in the alignment implementation).

Alarielle Greenleaf - woodland servant of Silvanus and all his daughters

Comment

Please bear in mind that we have a very small DEV team currently - A change such as this may seem to only be a quick 15 minute job - But we already have several weeks worth of quick 15 minute jobs that would be considered the same or higher priority than this.

As it stands I'm afraid that those worshipping the cold and evil deity Auril, who seeks to blanket the world in deathly mist, numbing cold, crushing snow and extinguish all fire - be it the fire of love, hope or literal burning fire - and gains most of her worshippers through fear, will have to be evil.

Just remember to add in a touch of evil at the next ice-dancing festival.

Edit:
                            I don't think there is much left to discuss on this topic - It is noted that their is a perceived problem with alignments and if their is appropriate DEV time then this may be something that is looked into.

For now however I'm going to lock this topic to prevent circular arguments.
                            Last edited by Doubtful; 03-23-2010, 09:31 AM.
                            Sydney Smith.

Comment

The problem being that all of these 15 minute changes do add up - moreso than one issue of their combined time ever could (overhead is the word). Rest assured these things aren't ignored or brushed aside. But we can't guarantee that any will be implemented, or when.

*edit* You win again, Doubtful, curse you! *shakes fist*
                              sigpic
                              Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Working...
                              X