Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorm: Faction Challenges for Rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bad thing I can think about that is that if the person plays at an opposite time as you and you only get one of these "quests" at a time, you'll never get to complete it, and you'd have to make sure that they are comfortable with the idea too I'd guess.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Assassin themed guild?

I'd suspect almost all of the factions would be capable of deploying assassins (of a type - Not necessarily the class) against it's enemies.

Well, the Triumvirate might draw the line at actual assassination. But I hear they do a smart line in scathing pamphlets.

That said, it would be nice to see more PCs reporting valid targets to their factions, in turn these could be targeted by other PCs (or the same ones) for watching or death. Or cake.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoth The Raven View Post
        Have NPCs give out WANTED quests that target a random player of roughly same rep and level from an opposing faction. For example, an NPC of the Hands could ask one of their players (level 10, 1500 rep) to hunt down a PC member of the Dark Advent (level 11, 1300 rep) for a reward and reputation. The reputation gain (and loss, if the quest is failed?) would be substantial - at least compared to other methods.
        I like this idea a lot. Maybe GBX or Saulus would be able to script it -- unfortunately, it's beyond me.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
          Assassin themed guild?

I'd suspect almost all of the factions would be capable of deploying assassins (of a type - Not necessarily the class) against it's enemies.
          Yes, however it's unlikely those guilds would go as far as taking contracts for targets they have no interest in. Assassins would be different in that if a PC needs another PC to die, he can pay them - while being a complete outsider to factions - to get the job done. Nicely gives "assassin" characters something very IC to do too.

Comment

Perhaps for the exigo

a repeatable quest (weekly or so) in wich you have to purchase/aquire random goods in order to complete.

for example:
            3 wooden planks
            1 silk cloth
            1 fresh water

(could be used for the thieves guild as well )

For the assasination quests :
            If possible, spawn an opposing faction npc somewhere in sundren. And give the questdoer a certain time to complete the assasination.

This way you avoid that the target isn't online, not playing anymore etc. And you avoid Sundren to be flooded with targeted npc's
            Current characters:

Stark Goodwill:
            Entrepeneur and co-founder of "Stark Enterprises"

Rogno Redapple:
            A hunter who's lost his cause

RIP - Eve Hollows : Death became her

Sundren comics:

Ears
            Poor Jack ...
            Align this ...!

Comment

I like the idea of stealing/fencing for rogue factions like the Eboncoin pact! Dont know how you could work something like that into the game though
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
              X