Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God-moding a Disguise

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God-moding a Disguise

So I had a little incident last night in which I was wearing a disguise and two players claimed to automatically see through it. Even after I requested spot rolls and they failed, they still claimed success.

I realize that the two characters in question knew the other character I was disguised as, and if you want to claim a bonus, then sure, you're more than welcome to. But that doesn't entitle you to automatic success. Here's a helpful link from the wiki (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/disguise.htm)

Just wanted to remind people that unless a dm is willing to come on here and say otherwise, claiming to automatically succeed at something despite the outcome of any rolls is god-moding, and god-moding is in violation of the rules.

And yeah, if you have a disagreement with someone, try to refrain from name-calling because it won't help your case.
    Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
    Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
    The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
    Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
    (And too many more to bother listing)

Name-calling a character is OK. Name-calling a player is not. If this type of back-and-forth gets out-of-hand, please take a screen shot and submit it to the DM staff. We are trying to build a friendly community here, and we take it seriously when people ruin fun by going off-the-handle.

Also, unless a DM is involved, the rolls are as-goes. If you want to discuss bonuses, you can do so OOCly. However, unless all parties agree on bonuses, you need to go by what the dice say.

There may be more to this story, so I don't want to speak on it more than that. Just keep it friendly and fun please, everyone. When you take off your masks, you should be smiling.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

I'm going to lock this because I can't imagine this going anywhere nice <_<

Comment

Working...
      X