Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truesilver Armour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truesilver Armour

Just a quick question about the Triumvirate Truesilver Armour. It has damage reduction of 1/Lawful / Good, so does that equate to DR1 vs. all damage types except damage inflicted by Lawful Good opponents of DR 1 vs. all except Lawful or Good opponents (i.e. could a Lawful Evil opponent bypass the DR?)
    Just thought id ask?
    Thanks
    Bren Shieldbane, Fist of Clangeddin (Dwarven Defender)
    Theoviticus, Noble Hero
    Brod, He's just Brod
    Je'Sira, Monk of the Shining Hand
    gcjohnson

Lawful evil could bypass this DR I believe. They are two seperate exceptions to the DR. Perhaps this wasn't intentional.
    Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Why does armor for a "goodly" faction have DR/Good? Wouldn't it make more sense for that to be evil?

Other than that I've found that the "only wearable by" always means either one OR the other.... so it stands to reason it's the same for DR - any lawful or any good would apply...
      sigpic
      Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Heh.

DR 5/cold iron means you have 5 damage resistance but it is penetrated by cold iron.
        DR 5/Evil would mean that evil weapons can bypass your damage resistance -- which wouldn't make much sense for armor meant to be used in the fight against evil.

As for the OP, it can be either an AND or an OR condition. Uou can set it to either in the toolset's Damage Reduction property. We'd need to pull it open in the toolset and look at it.

So its either ...

DR 1 against anything but either lawful or good
        or
        DR 1 but against anything but lawful good

I'm not sure what that means though... if the person attacking you is lawful, does that count, or does their weapon have to be lawful? I'm inclined to believe the former, but then the Monk's Ki strike ability wouldn't make much sense.

Ki Strike

At 4th level, a monk's unarmed attacks are empowered with ki. Her unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character's monk level, becoming lawful for purposes of damage reduction at level 10 and adamantine for purposes of damage reduction at level 16.
        Monks are already lawful. Why would it be of any benefit for them to get this ability at level 10, if the haracter's alignment being lawful was enough to bypass DR/Lawful already.
        Last edited by Cornuto; 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM.
        Originally posted by Saulus
        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Oh... yeah. I remember now *feels dumb and hides*
          sigpic
          Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

If the DR is penetrated by only lawful Good then it's written as a single line - ala "DR 5/ lawful good" as opposed to two seperate lines stating lawful and good as two seperate entities. To my knowledge, it relates to the creature wielding the weapon.
            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Checked the toolset.

Its got "use OR logic" set to true, so its Lawful OR Good that pierces it.

Comment

There is OR logic. It is penetrated by either Lawful or Good. Lawful evil would penetrate. So would chaotic good.
                "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                -Bill Maher

Comment

Good against those C/E types

Comment

Okay, I gotta ask.

Does adamantine automatically cut through ANY DR then that is not listed as x/- ?

The barbarian, dwarven defender, special dwarf-only feats, adamantine armor, and bard's Ironskin Chant are the only sources for this kind of DR I believe.
                    Wish spell?! What is this? ****ing Dragonball Z?!

Comment

I don't think so. I just think all DR granted by spells is DR/adamantium so its useful in cutting through buffs like butter.

Comment

Adamantine has a tendency to cut though stoney materials and minerals. Premonition and such isn't actually meant to be the way it's implemented in NWN. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/foresight.htm.

#/- <-- nothing can penetrate

Comment

there was a feat, might have been epic but it was called penetrate dr....

lemme look it up.

Yeah that wont help sundren... it was just for the magical bonus you needed. adds a virtual +2 for over coming say DR/magic+5 (you would only need a +3 sword in this case) i believe it was changed you could take it to bypass one type of dr... or perhaps it just shaved off some of the target creature's DR... i cant remember.

DR is borked to start with though imho.

I had a player buy weapons in all the metals just so he would never loose damage to DR. *sigh*

There were some sweet spells that added a metallic quality to you weapon. Had sentinel (NG paladin variant that protects the prime from outsiders) that was also a druid.. he was able to change the metallic property to fit the sit (demon or devil).

oh and you could apply an oil to silver your sword.

stuff like this would be an awesome addition.

and as far as alignment based DR I am pretty sure that it works like this a demon has DR 15 coldiron AND good. Thus you need a coldiron blade with good alignment (bless weapon works for this)

This begs up the question, in sundren, what do you need to add to a coldiron weapon to get the "good" property? A damage bonus vs evil seems most likely as that is the adjustment that bless weapon gives but in PNP is was the holy property that did this. Is there a holy enchant? and does that bypass DR good?

Comment

Originally posted by Tome View Post
                            Okay, I gotta ask.

Does adamantine automatically cut through ANY DR then that is not listed as x/- ?

The barbarian, dwarven defender, special dwarf-only feats, adamantine armor, and bard's Ironskin Chant are the only sources for this kind of DR I believe.
                            Regenerative coccoon (Druid 4 or 5?) as well I believe.

As for monks I think that might make a monk's weapons count as natural attacks for the purpose of overcoming DR, not sure though!

i.e. Avalon the silver dragon is lawfull good so her natural attacks would count as lawfull or equal to her damage reduction which is 30/+4 for the sake of argument; this would give her either +4 claws/bite or lawful natural attacks.
                            Originally posted by roguethree
                            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X