Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The cost for mistakes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cost for mistakes...

I was wondering what players thought about mistakes they made curing character creation, leveling, etc. We all have made mistakes in this department, I for one many. Some are “opps, I should have gone for that feat” some are “darn I chose the wrong abilities”. Many of these are easy to overcome by leveling and some are simply show stoppers for what you envisioned your toon to be. I envisioned that Elandra would become a weapons master but made many wrong decisions along the way. She still can but not until she hits her 20s (probable not going to happen).

So the question to you…

What do you think is fair for requesting changes to your char? Item, level (XP) loss? It is truly up to the DM as if and how these request can be handled but thought some input from the player community would be helpful.
    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
    Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
    Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
    Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

I'm pretty sure the rule on this is that DMs don't refund levels or items. Because if they did then everybody would be asking for relevels and such. Though I'm not completely sure.
    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Remakes are never given unless they are necessary because of changes we implement which severely cripple a character. As a rule, don't ever expect to get a rebuild or relevel unless you have seriously extenuating circumstances. And this doesn't include "Damn I took the wrong feat / skills for my PrC", sorry. This rule is simply here because it is a very time consuming thing to do, and as Gam rightly said, we would spend all our time dealing with characters who want to change their character build plan.

Meaning no offense - I can see that this thread was designed purely to gain insight, but I'm closing it because it's far too tempting an invitation for people to get riled about whatever injustices they feel they suffer because of our rules
      Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

If people are THAT concerned about messing up their character, plan ahead -- http://nwn2db.com/

This is a simple case of something that would be another burden for DMs/Devs that players can manage themselves.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
        X