Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPotM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPotM

Hey I tried to vote and it is still down..

This leads me to believe some retooling is being done.

So I decided I would put forth my thoughts on this.

I am guessing this may have been addressed in the past but I have never seen an explanation as to why the whole next month is open for voting then you another week or so for the posted results. I would love to see voting closed much closer to the end of the month.

For example it is february. it would be cool if voting for feb started in the second week of feb. or perhaps the last week of feb. then voting would be closed the first week of march. then the dm team has time to sift through the comments etc and issue final judgment and post results. Then open voteing for march.

For me I always come to vote and have to think really hard about what happened some times almost two months ago. I have to forget about the amazing RP I just witnessed, then remember it again in a month. At the very least one week after the month is over should be plenty of time to make your choice and get online to cast your vote.

Anyway waiting 5-9 weeks to award good rp feels kind of anti-climactic.
    And it is confusing, knowledge, chronology is a cross class skill for me. most of the time I don't even know the day of the week.

Re-vamping the system to be this month, not last month:
    We agree, and have been looking for in-game solutions to voting. Unfortunately, this is fairly low on our priority list since we have a system in place currently.

Fixing the voting:
    It's been borked since last month. Saulus can probably weigh in on it. We will have another tally when it is fixed.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

oh man in game voting would be awesome... could even have a counter like device.

Could see it work like sending. Click on UI (button rpotm) pulls up a list of players, just like sending does. You select the one that you just saw go above and beyond... you could even vote multiple times i guess and at the end of the month the system could tally all your personal votes and automatically submit a #1 and a #2. I guess there could even be a text entry for why you are voting... having to enter text for a vote to be valid would discourage ppl from spaming votes.. anyway at the end of the month you would get only the 2 votes anyway. so spam away i guess... also could have a dialogue pop up on log-in telling you who your current rpotm and rurpotm are.

If the current system is really fubar perhaps now is the time for a new one...

Just my thoughts take them for what they are worth.

also I realize this should be in the suggestions forum sorry about that.

Comment

Wait still broke... hold on.

Edit: Okay, good now.

Comment

Cast those votes ASAP please!
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

*cracks whip*
            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Working...
            X