Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatigue/Crafting Assistant Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigue/Crafting Assistant Question

Just looking for some clarification on the mechanics of the crafting system. I thought that when an assistant was used, and the assistant provided the spell required for enchanting it was the assistant that took the fatigue hit. Apparently this is wrong.

I performed a greater armor enchantment today and had a cleric place the spell on the armor only for find that my 45 fatigue had jumped to a 71. ( -- Since fatigue reduces at 1 point a day, I get a month worth of stat penalties.)

I can swear that I've had the assistant take the fatigue in the past... what exactly determines who takes the fatigue penalty?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
    ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

The wiki explains differently:
    It is important to note that, when making use of the crafting assistant option, the one actually providing a skill (such as Armorsmithing or Woodworking) will be the one who is subject to fatigue. While in case of spell requirements, the craft master providing the feat is the one who takes the hit. Recipes with multiple skill requirements or skill and spell requirements will subject all participating in the crafting to the penalty (except the ones providing spells without being the craft master). If multiple of these requirements are fulfilled by the same character, that character shall also take the penalty multiple times
    With skills, the assistant takes the hit. With spells, the feat provider does.
    Essentially, the one who has the proficiency to do the crafting itself becomes fatigued. The spellcaster is just lending another component, albeit not a physical one.

Comment

Working...
    X