Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changeing appearence

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeing appearence

Ok ive tried just about everything with this damn crafting system, it still wont let me customize my armor when im about to craft a new suit. it says i have to choose a dummy item. which i try to but it wont accept any item i try too select ive tried all kinds of armor types still nothing.

Someone PLEASE! tell me how to work this obnoxious system.

Thank you

I think the dummy item is some wooden model, not another armor.

Thinking about it, I have a suggestion here: Why can't we use other people as 'dummies' for clothing and armour making, like we do in real life? In fact, no one uses wooden dummies to tailor women's clothing as it must be adjusted to every single customer.

Well, I don't know if it is possible to implement, but maybe if we go to the crafting station with another person, we could use his/her race/gender combination as a temporary 'dummy'.

If that's not possible, Catarina would gladly buy any human/female dummies available! Hehe...
    Catarina "Fairyblade" Faddalynn - Amnish spellsword, seamstress, alchemist, fashionist, dancer, blackjack addicted and pathological liar. Now working for the Exigo Syndicate!

Comment

Dummmy is just that. Its a manequin. You can buy plans to craft them from the wood worker at the Arbiter's stand.
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Bio, please be more respectful. Someone put a TON of work into that system. Even if it's frustrating you, you can find better ways to ask for help. Really -- let's get some perspective here please. It's more important not to insult people than it is to have a ficticious suit of armor crafted the way you like.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Phantom it is Obnoxious. im not sayings its a bad system i jsut think you guys could have put out a manual on how to work the bloody thing. its all guesswork so i cant really appreciate it if theres no beginner basics information availiable about the mechanics and hwo to work them.

Comment

I lol'd a bit, I won't lie.

However, bio, there are a lot of skilled crafters on the server (Peridan, Rose, All the red knights come to mind) who have the system down. I've got some of the basics down and it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I'm sure if we asked nice, one of the aforementioned would happily post up some sort of guide to help with your frustrations.

In the words of a great comedian whose name I forgot:

'Calm down, tiger.' =P
            Originally posted by ThePaganKing
            So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Again, there are better ways to phrase it. You are being insulting to those who put many, many hours into its development. I'll say it again: it's more important not to be insulting than it is to address a minor bug / issue in a system like this. You may not agree, but that's the standard you'll be held to IF you want to use our forums. Please be respectful--thank you.

As for the system itself:
              The developer who made it no longer works with Sundren. Kael fixes egregious bugs if they arise, but it isn't a system we have someone fully-prepared to support currently. We're working on it, but there are other priorities at the moment. Kael mentioned he wrote some crafting guidelines in the Wiki, I think, so please reference there for more details. We rarely spell out exact requirements on anything, so you may not see X skill required to make Y item.
              http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...rafting_System
              "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
              -Bill Maher

Comment

How am i being disrespectful?

I tell you clean and simple what problem ive been haveing, you cant expect me to sugar coat everything to spare peoples ears Phantom. I am well aware of how much works been put into it, but even so the people still chose to do so themselves as part of their Pass time.

If i start sugar coating everything i say people wont understand the core of the matter im discussing.

Im being perfectly civil here phantom i cant help it if people might get offended by my method of relaying a message.

PS: kaizen i am perfectly Calm

Comment

Of COURSE you can help it! "Damning" the system and calling it "obnoxious" is very insulting. This thread is being locked. If you can't figure out how to relate to people on the forum in a respectful manner, don't use the forum.
                  -Bill Maher

Comment

From Equinox's guide to netiquette:

Sample requests and their expected responses.

Sample A (faulty sample)

Q: Your work sucks, and I don't care how much time you spent making it. Now I demand help.
                    A: Get lost. Do you think you can do better?

Sample B (good sample)

Q: Hey, can anyone help me get the hang of this? It's a little complicated. (Note how the intent of this question is the same as in sample A. )
                    A: Okay, here is the link to the reference. And if you need further help, just ask.

Extra credit for any who spot where the difference is.

We Germans have a saying (paraphrased): the way you shout into the woods, the woods will shout back to you.
                    sigpic
                    Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Originally posted by PaToSsAuRo View Post
                      I think the dummy item is some wooden model, not another armor.

Thinking about it, I have a suggestion here: Why can't we use other people as 'dummies' for clothing and armour making, like we do in real life? In fact, no one uses wooden dummies to tailor women's clothing as it must be adjusted to every single customer.

Well, I don't know if it is possible to implement, but maybe if we go to the crafting station with another person, we could use his/her race/gender combination as a temporary 'dummy'.

If that's not possible, Catarina would gladly buy any human/female dummies available! Hehe...
                      The old system used to craft the appearance of an item on oneself, but it was prone to exploits. Now that the new appearance is built up on a model dummy, you can't actually touch the item that's being made prior to making your skill checks and such. It exists, but you won't get it until you finish the entire crafting process.

It's a safety measure, and it's nice that you're able to tailor gear to whatever race/gender character model you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X