Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effective Caster Levels for Arcane PrC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Caster Levels for Arcane PrC's

Hi, I have a question about arcane prestige classes. I haven't played an arcane caster since Baldur's Gate II, so I'm a wiz noob all over again.

Prestige classes such as Arcane Scholar and Red wizard, Pale Master - do they gain effective casting level (for the purpose of DC's, damage, etc) like a plain wizard does with each level gained?. I'm aware red wizards get one every second level, but i'm wondering if thats additional to each level taken.

Thanks.
    Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
    Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
    The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
    Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
    (And too many more to bother listing)

Yes they do, homeslice. Most of them at least.
    It's listed in the description. For instance the Pale Master gets one every odd level, some ones get one every level except two or three of the 10 avalible.

Comment

K, I read that part, but is there a distinction between "new spells per day" and effective casting level for dc's & damage?
      Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell

Comment

It's just worded poorly, you get caster levels and caster levels is what increases DC, damage and all.

Comment

oh, okay. thanks!

Comment

I've wondered that myself, but with our own Mystic Theurge class. But not in regards to spell durations, damage, since I know they are effected with the Theurge advancement, but for things such as familiar levels, turning undead, animal companions and such things.
            Dice Rolling Site
            Pathfinder SRD
            D&D SRD
            SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

It clearly says that you do not gain class abilities other than spell progression.
              THAT part is not misworded.

Comment

Working...
              X