Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Away for 2-4 months~forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away for 2-4 months~forever

Yo, just letting you all lovely and charming and dashing people that have little things going with Kaizen/Kelik (Plu, Peridan, Sol, Ahriman, Clive, etc etc) know that I'll be out for around two to four months, as I sell my soul to the US military and head to bomb school. Not sure when I'll be able to get back online, and when I do, it will be sporadic at best.

Lots of studying. Playing with symtax and C4. And I really do like my hands.

It's been fun. You guys and gals and DM robots kept me clean and out of jail for the two months I needed to burn to get accepted into EOD school, so thank you! Hope to see you all soon.
    Originally posted by ThePaganKing
    So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

You are going to be a demolitions expert!!? EXCELLENT!!! I tip my hat to you and give you a major salute sir Kaizen.

As for your hands, don't worry so much about them . Cyclotrimethylene trinitramine is actually pretty safe as far as explosive substances go, as long as you always remember your gloves (duh). The rumor of enough static electricity being able to set C4 off is usually a joke played on newbies lol.

From what a friend told me, the usual problem arises from one underestimating the amount of damage and suction effect a half-kilo M112 can do. Chances are, you know all this crap already though lol. It's not like they're going to just hand you a bunch of bricks, take you to an open field, then say "have fun".

Although..... that DOES sound like fun.
    sigpic
    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

Congratulations buddy! What a cool thing to study, bomb making. I'm jealous.
      Be sure to come back and post a picture of something you blew up.

Comment

What is it with you Americans and blowing shit up?

Anyways, I hope it all goes well Kaizen. You'll be missed!
        I got one leg missin'
        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
        Meet the Feebles

Comment

little tip: never tamp a cratering charge with a metal rod.
          Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
          Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
          The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
          Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
          (And too many more to bother listing)

Comment

Enjoy Bang school! It'll be a blast.

Been fun having you around, you'll be back soon enough..
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Enjoy bomb school. Blowin' shit up is fun Go daisy cutters!

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
              What is it with you Americans and blowing shit up?
              Oh and Mach, the Brits taught me how to blow shit up, but i get to do it with LGB's
              Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
              Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
              Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
              Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
              Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
              Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
              Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

Good luck with the bombs, pal...

Comment

Have fun at EOD school, bud. It's a blast (ba-dum-bum ).

Remember, though...if someone asks you to stomp out a small fire, don't. C4 is useful as a cooking tool, but not if you add pressure . And I second cdnspr's suggestion. Nothing good will come of it (unless you wanna BE a crater).

Suggestions: Um...don't tie nooses with det cord. People seem to find that unnerving.
                  Drink as much as possible in the big-ass bomb suit. Nothing like dehydration in a hundred pounds of armor.
                  Always use plenty of blasting caps with C4. "Popcorn" is not a good thing on a demo range. It is also not so tastey in that situation. Probably why it says "Do Not Eat" on it.

Anyway...enjoy the time at school. My last Army gig was teaching demo to Combat Engineers in the reserves. All you have to do is pay attention to what you are doing...what those around you are doing...and just about everything else in the area (at the same time). Military grade explosives are incredibly safe, though. And...after you get out...you got a great job skill .

Oh...and have fun working with the FBI on occassion.
                  Ursus Ahrahl: Vengeful Desert Warrior (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ursus_Ahrahl)
                  Zaphram Babblerocks: Silly Gnome Tinkerer
                  Ronon Darkholme: Eye and ear of the Night Watch of Kelemvor's Eternal Order (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...onon_Darkholme)
                  Jakomyn Moriarty: Misunderstood Calishite mage (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jakomyn_Moriarty)
                  Turin Greyhold: Ex-mercenary paladin of Torm (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...reyhold,_Turin)
                  Alexandros Pentacost: 1/2 Orc Cleric of the Red Knight
                  "Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Comment

Good luck out there homie. Remember to cut the BLUE wire.
                    Last edited by GodBeastX; 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, broheim.
                      Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                      "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Seeya dude, good luck with that whole keeping your hands in tact thing!
                        Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

The world must be desperate if they are willing to train you, in the art of bombs!!

HAHAHA...

We will be here when you get back bro...and don't listen to GBX,it's really the red wire.

Comment

Au revoir, my friend. It's be fun having you around and Kaizen was truly one of the most entertaining characters I had the opportunity to interact with.

See you if I see you! =)
                            "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
                            Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
                            Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I'll be waiting for you to get back, so keep in one piece man. Dont forget about us here, drop in from time to time eh? Good luck and hope all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                              X