Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Summon Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Summon Feedback Thread

Some of the new summons may need balancing. Please post here with your feedback if they are too strong or too weak.

We're not looking for minor issues. Some summons will be slightly stronger or weaker, and some are more situational. Not every summon will be a tank.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

So far the only thing I see is that a lot of them are Outsiders, meaning they can be turned by clerics with the Evil domain, but I don't know whether that's enough cause for concern. Oh, and Celestial Badgers are WAY cooler than ugly dragon things.

Comment

They are supposed to be outsiders. In PNP, druids got Summon Nature's Ally, while wizards, clerics, and bards got Summon Monster. The monsters are mostly outsiders, elementals, and magical beasts.
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

But in PNP you don't have evil domain that lets you turn outsiders.
        I think it's too readily avalible, but probably too minor of an issue unless there's a ton of Evil clerics kicking random shaman monster ass becuase of it.

Addition: Celestial Giant Eagle is the dumbest thing I have ever ever seen. Ever.

Comment

OK, another constraint: Please only place constructive criticism here. Frankly, I put in a lot of work to make 81 new creatures and I don't want to hear "it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen." The creatures will not be gargantuan or colossal or giant for game balance reasons.

And frankly, you haven't seen anything until you've seen the celestial bison. Hey, get me some more models and I can come up with cooler outsiders!
          -Bill Maher

Comment

Night Hag is seems very underpowered. Level 8 outsider with 62 Hp, and a level 9 summon.

Summoned one as a test, and sic'ed it on a group of 2 mossclaw archers and a tracking hound. It scratched one for five damage them got its face destroyed by arrows and dog bites.

RIP Night Hag 1/17/2010-1/17/2010.
            ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

Comment

Yeah, I was worried they'd be a tad underpowered in general. These came from the Summon Monster list, and the Night Hag is there for that spell. In general, the spell level = CR of the summoned creature on that list. It doesn't have to stay that way, that's for sure. Seemed like her defenses were too low, huh?
              -Bill Maher

Comment

Shady distortion effect of the Fiendish megaraptor is placed beside it, by it's right leg.

Comment

Loved the Celestial Dire Bear!
                  Characters:
                  Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                  Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                  If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

not a complaint on the strength or weaknesses of the creatures, but the sizes of some of the new summons are a tad too big in my opinion. i was fighting with someone who summoned the celestial dire bear. that thing makes it very difficult to target others. i would suggest making them more party friendly by making them smaller.
                    "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

=( Why do you hate me for summoning things to smash with, HG?
                      Characters:
                      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Good feedback, TY HG. If anyone else sees the size of the creatures as too much, let me know. Be specific with the creature names.
                        -Bill Maher

Comment

Guess that means we need to go with the original idea of the dire toy poodle.

"Attack Fifi! Go for the face!"
                          Wish spell?! What is this? ****ing Dragonball Z?!

Comment

Should a CG caster be getting LG Celestials over and over? It the result is situational then I should mention that I was out in the Crossroads testing it. I got celestial versions of: badger, eagle, dire badger, and giant eagle.

If all my summons are good, doesn't that give away my alignment; or at least half of it?

Comment

Those are for CG:
                              http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/summonmonsteri.htm
                              -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                              X