Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DM is In/Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the games updater until it choked on the file. I wrote down the name of that file and manually patched just that one from the vault. Then I let the game patcher complete the patching afterward. Maybe you could try the same?
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmane View Post
      I used the games updater until it choked on the file. I wrote down the name of that file and manually patched just that one from the vault. Then I let the game patcher complete the patching afterward. Maybe you could try the same?
      Already took that route. Didn't do a lick of help, in fact things just got worse believe it or not.... That, I outlined here
      Dice Rolling Site
      Pathfinder SRD
      D&D SRD
      SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

woah, woah you just cant skip a patch and expect the game to run. I have all the patches lying around for manual installation, and i do remember one of them hard to come by. Pm if you want it.
        My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
        Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Well, so far so good. With skipping the uninstall & installation errors I'm able to install the game.

I'm doing it bit by bit, 1 disk, then update, 1 disk then update, etc. Doing it this way seems to not cause the updater problem as it did when I installed all 3 expansions and then tried to update.

But of course the coup de grace on this in the end is to see whether my computer doesn't crash anymore when I run this game. If it doesn't, I'm sure you'll all hear the bellow from where you live.

**Update** Got it all updated, Sundren now appears white thank god.

Now it's a matter of finding out why it's giving me shit about unregistered CD key's again. I set it to register when I installed again, but it took me to a page where there was no slot for the CD key. I tell you, if it's not one thing, it's another.
          Last edited by Qinniqtuq Aggaak; 08-07-2012, 09:32 AM.
          Dice Rolling Site
          Pathfinder SRD
          D&D SRD
          SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

Go to your CD key .ini file. Make sure that all of the keys are entered next to the correct game, and make sure that the keys are correct. Check the case of each letter as well.
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Yeah, there was no .ini file for the nwncdkey... But it wasn't too hard making one in the notepad and stuffing it in the files. It worked.

Got me on to Sundren at 9:08 tonight, and let it sit to see what happened. It crashed I'm afraid around 9:45. On the bright side, that's better than every 3-5 minutes. And when I mean crash, it's a full computer reboot. After 5 days of fudging with the reinstallation and all the fun that went with it, the crashes still happen.

That being said folks, if I'm on and causing shit, then suddenly seem to piss off for no reason, it's because of that and not because I'm ignoring alls you alls.
              Dice Rolling Site
              Pathfinder SRD
              D&D SRD
              SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

maybe your video card is about to die, or you have some bad ram. easy to fix, unless of course your on a laptop.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

I have had similar problems when I tried using some of the more advanced graphics options. Maybe try turning all your graphics options to the lowest settings and see what happens? If it gets stable, then you can start turning them back up one at a time until you find the culprit.

For me, it was FSAA. For some reason my video card/driver does not like the way NWN2 implements FSAA. So I turned it off. I don't really need it anyway since I play the game at 2560x1600!
                  Account Name: LuvHandles
                  Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
                  Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
                  Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
                  Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
                  Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
                  Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

now that you mention video card drivers? have you updated recently? perhaps a new patch is not working well with nwn2? might be worth looking into.

and as snowmane said, maybe lowering your graphics might be a help.

or you may have a temprature issue. if its getting too hot then it just might shut down.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

Working...
                    X