Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a Spell Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Spell Bug?

I'm having issues with spells not stacking. Here what I'm seeing.

1. Mage Armor and Improved Mage Armor are not stacking with Natural AC. Spider Skin and Potions of Barkskin. Its like Mage Armor/Imp is being calculated with a +1 Natural AC And +3/5 AC bonus.

2. Improved mage armor Gives +8 to AC at times when I cast it on a party member. And its duration is very very short. Spider skin is actually lasting longer than Imp Mage Armor.

Cyn

Some things in Sundren are shortened because they're overpowered... I believe IMA lasts 1 min/ level, not 1 hour.

MA gives you 1 Natural AC, so those things aren't going to stack. The only things that do stack for ac, as far as I know, are Dodge
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

MA and IMA were changed a LONG time ago for balance in a low magic setting... I think the 6 AC is spread out 2 Natural, 2 Armor, 2 Dodge or something similar so it doesn't stack with everything like it does in vanilla NWN.
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Any way for us to change the spell descriptions on these to fit their Sundren Duration and Armor stats? It seems to be a topic that gets brought up every month or two.

Comment

Or a list in the Wiki of spell changes would be nice to.

Comment

It's 2 deflection, 2 natural and 2 dodge I think. And if anyone fancies collecting all the stats of the altered spells to publish on the wiki please feel free
            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

I wouldn't even know where to begin.

What about the +8 that Imp Mage Armor give on some party member? Anyone else encounter that?

If I see it right it has to be +1 Natural because Spider Skin gives a +1 bonus total when stacked.

Cyn

Comment

2 armour too... so 8 total

Spiderskin at what level? if it gives 3, then it replaces the 2 with the IMA.
                Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
                Cybil Gelley (Retired)
                Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

I guess I'm not making this clear or I'm just not getting whats going on..

My PC has a 9 AC.. When I cast IMP she now has a 15 AC After a Spider Skin CL 5th she has a 16 AC.

I've Cast IMP on a party memeber and it gives them +8 total. From a 14 AC to a 22 AC. With no other spells.

Comment

IMA has been altered to be 2 armor bonus, 2 natural, 2 shield, and 2 dodge. Only the dodge bonus stacks with other forms of AC to my understanding. Two forms of natural armor generally do not stack. This was done deliberately.
                    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                    -Bill Maher

Comment

Perhaps the PC wears a +2 armor, or ring, or cloak, or a +1 Ring and a +1 Armor, or some such.

It is not only spell bonuses that don't stack, but from equipment as well.

Except for Dodge, as PL said.
                      sigpic
                      Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Working...
                      X