Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquor Rumors

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquor Rumors

Aquor: Click Here For City Details

Walking through the City:
    The naturally beautiful city is often framed by a gentle light snow. It sits off Azgena Lake, the largest lake within the valley, and stands as a gateway city between the Spine of the World and the rest of The Valley. Seeing many past hostilities from various factions, this city is full of buildings that have been redecorated or readjusted to fit its past ruling parties or other major influences. And due to the current economy, much of it hasn't changed. The locals are very poor, refugees are a common enough sight, and there is a clear distinction between those who have and those who don't. A few minor noble houses still hold a presences within the city, some of them charged with responsibilities by the major houses and others clearly there for their own interest. One thing still stands strong and true with all that has happened: The Thayan Enclave.

The Market of Aquor:
    The liveliness of the market often changes from barren to mediocre and is a popular stop for travelling merchants who make their business between The Spine and The Valley, though many of them do not stay long. Clerics freely preach ideologies of superiority from various of faiths wth Kossuth and Bane being some of the more popular ones and Auril being highly frown upon. Preaching religion is often done in a most civil manner as Thayan Knights and enslaved gnolls keep a close eye to the activities of all faiths.

A drink at The Floating Flagon:
    The desolate pub mirrors the economy of this once noble, popular, and thriving trade and tourist city. The barkeep is eager and attentive to all his customers as desperation fills his eyes. His prices vary drastically and seem to change day to day, spiking highest when caravans make their way through. Its clear he tries to keep his business afloat in an unstable local economy where the middle class is fading fast.

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

The Gates of Winter

Rumor quickly spreads that a man known only as "Arashan the Unbending" has begun stalking the mountains north of Aquor, his interest centered on the ruined remains of the Wyntir Estate. It is said that where he has passed, no vampire can remain standing. Those who witness him fight are awed by his preternatural ability to resist the dominating gaze of those vampires who attempt to cow him to their will.

Few know why he has come to Sundren, though the caravans traveling the northern roads are most definitely grateful for his presence.

Comment

A man dressed in fine red and black silk clothes, who is clearly no Thayan, is seen frequenting the markets and the Floating Flagon in the days ahead. Generously buying and paying for drinks that he does not consume, in an apparent show of support for the local economy in times when there is a lull in caravan traffic.

He seems to listen to the stories at the Flagon, especially of the Unbending one, as he pays for round after round to the occasional thirsty traveler.
      [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Blood and Ice

Columns lay broken across charred marble floors as drifts of snow accumulate in dark corners. Where once there were elegant stained glass windows now sit gaping holes as the colorful murals lay shattered across the floors. The charred remains of luxurious decor lay broken and strewn about the dark halls. The once decadent palatal home to the Children of Colibrus is less than even a shadow of its former glory. Yet, it has not remained un-inhabited.

In the past weeks rumors and stories have filtered through the Valley in varying degree. Some swear the Children of Colibrus have returned to their charred estate- more vicious and merciless than ever. Such rumors often followed with tales of the Crusader that roams the Climb laying waste to all such creatures of the Night. Though many still whisper of bloody scenes so grizzly they pale to put it in words. Despite the point of light against the ever growing darkness, what fills the heart of many is Fear. A brave few whisper a name to this fear- Aldris...

Whatever the truth- Evil has once again come to the Climb. It's presence is felt keenly, and the Spine's chill seems even more oppressive than before. Those few that still brave the Climb skirt as far around the former Estate as possible. Taking every precaution not to become another nameless victim fueling the rumors. Even in the daylight...
        Last edited by Dispater; 08-15-2014, 08:01 AM.
        "Now I know the full power of evil. It makes ugliness seem beautiful and goodness seem ugly and weak." -The Dance of Death

Comment

Crimson Snow

Another flurry of dark rumors find their way down from the Spine.. These rumors speak of terrible carnage at the Wyntir estate, but not just faceless victims. These men were Knights, Squires, and Swordsman.

A number of bodies were found with Holy Symbols of Tyr and Torm on their person. The symbols were broken in half and the corpses stripped of weapons and armor. Several bodies were clearly fed upon by Vampires, but most were simply killed in what must have been a bloody and terrible battle...

As the rumors spread, so does the whispered threat. The word that few men dare say aloud. The new name for Death upon the spine. Aldris.
          "Now I know the full power of evil. It makes ugliness seem beautiful and goodness seem ugly and weak." -The Dance of Death

Comment

~New word from Aquor comes in the form of a word-of-mouth campaign instigated by a flame headed Genasi who sits around the large Kossuthian pyre in the centre of the market square warning visitors to be watchful for "Wolfman attacks"~

~Apparently, if the rumours are to be considered true, even legion officials are rapidly sprouting hair in all the wrong places these days, the fire genasi advises all to look for bite marks upon those they encounter, any such marks should be reported to anyone who looks like they could handle a rampaging Wolfman in a fight, provided they don't report to the Genasi himself because he dislikes extreme amounts of claws and fangs embedded in his delicate flesh.~
            Until I can somehow magically discover, hitherto unknown, skills to make a nice looking sig pic to represent my main chrs -

I primarily play Ignus Pyre and Smithy

Comment

Every now and then, a young strawberry-blonde man, dressed in simple, but thick layers, would be seen in the shell of a resort, usually by day. He clearly does not look like he resided in the town, owing to his freshly-flushed cheeks and seeming discomfort in the chill, yet he seems to be making an effort to rectify that issue.

Sometimes, he's busy scrubbing dirt and graffiti--if any--from the residences about with a brush and a bucket, uncomplaining despite the cold. Sometimes, he's tending to the few plants that haven't been overgrown. And sometimes, he's found sitting on a bench or leaning against an object of support, one instrument or another in hand, playing various snippets and bits of music.
              Last edited by Lugwy; 10-09-2014, 04:55 AM.
              But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
              - Nessa

Comment

River wouldn't miss this, of course- and would ensure that he and whoever chose to help him with the care of the city would receive a simple, but filling meal at her own expense. She would also try to schedule a time to speak with the city's treasurer, and begin the process of attempting to secure at least a small stipend for their efforts.
                River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

As day breaks over the frosty facades of Aquor, criers are sent forth from the Enclave with propaganda parchments in hand:

Fight the Decay!

In this farce of an upcoming election, many of you may be thinking the time has come to "liberate" yourselves from Thayan oppression. The gods know that rhetoric is about all my opponents have to stand on, and I hear it continuously muttered in the streets. I could remind you how little oppression you endure, given the fall of the city to the Black Hand. I could point out how the Enclave buffers the populace against the political squabbles and power grabs of the Legion and its enemies. I could admit the faults and past slights of the Enclave against the citizens of Aquor, and promise that new leadership has ensured these mistakes shall not be repeated. I could even point out that the city only stands to this date due to the protection by Thayan spells and steel. However, I would like to think I need not remind you of the facts you all know yet wish to ignore.

Aquor is and must remain a place for the elite and cultured. Yes, we have accepted refugees into our city, but only because our work force was so diminished in the wake of years of battle and oppression. They will be the strong arms that raise up their betters, giving of themselves to make our city resplendent. They are not, however, fit to rule, and I promise you that the "Lady" River Swift is no more than a refugee. She is running from her past, running from the Hellstroms, and she will run from Aquor at the first sign of trouble. Do not let a half-blooded, half-sincere, half-witted blowhard ruin all that we have accomplished. Keep Aquor a red city!"
                  I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

After failing a Kossuth cleansing ritual, a burnt man was taken to the temple of Sune for healing. The most holy of pink lights was seen coming from the temple and the smell of the most amazing perfume littered the air for hours. While enjoyable to most, the smell irritated the Thayan Gnolls who had to be locked down for the rest of the evening. The man is said to have his skin healed.
                    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Rise of the Red Dragon

The news spreads like wildfire: Lady Felicia Pendraig, the Red Dragon of Hiyal, has returned to Aquor. Her army of Zakhara’s fiercest warriors – having departed from Avanthyr’s outskirts – now seize control of the northern town, ousting Thayan, Legion and Black Hand forces alike in the process.

The reaction to Felicia’s return is decidedly mixed. The common folk are overjoyed at the return of a beloved daughter of House Pendraig and are reassured by the appointment of River Swift - their elected representative - as Mayor and Seneschal of the House. Meanwhile, the Thayans are furious at having their control of the town supplanted. Legion supporters in the town as well as Sundren City are similarly outraged that a military force comprised entirely of foreigners would dare to occupy what is still-believed by many to be Legion territory.

In the days that follow, various merchants’ guilds dispatch representatives and envoys to Aquor, ostensibly to pay their respects to the return of a major noble house. Houses Meriadoc, Aurelianus, and Veritas send diplomats, followed closely by House Melcant, Val’Tess and Zenten. Their motives are clear; to assess the situation and see how best to turn Felicia’s rise to their own advantage.

A gypsy fortuneteller quietly reflects on the prophecy spoken from her mouth: A red dragon shall rise from the south...

Comment

Border Skirmishes

The varied merchants and noble representatives are abuzz with gossip and fresh news from Aquor. The short weeks since Felicia's return to power have been a maelstrom of activity, with couriers wearing themselves ragged to-and-from every settlement, noble and military envoys requesting audience with house Pendraig and a massive reorganizing of the mountain town's resources keeping everyone thoroughly overworked.

As the destitute former manor of the noble house is made into a part barracks, part smithy, part stronghold for Felicia's forces, several more patrols of the dark-skinned warriors has set out in an obvious attempt to oust the Aurilite tribes from the nearest stretch of territory. Skirmishes on the mountainside have been brief but bloody, the occasional inclusion of djinn magic on one end and shamanic favor on the other making simple militant struggles especially devastating.

Felicia herself has remained largely enclosed in her gradually rebuilt home, offering only brief appearances to attend prayer at the temple of Sune. In the singular speech she's afforded since her politically upsetting return, she stated in clear terms:

"The prosperity of Aquor is uniquely dependent on the resolution of the Aurilite parasite that infests our mountain home. In the absence of these barbarian tribes, trade and good fortune is assured to every citizen. Thus it is my priority to oversee their complete removal from the premises."

The worship of Auril has since been banned entirely within the borders of the town, sermons dedicated to Kossuth, Sune and Siamorphe becoming decidedly more pronounced in it's absence.

Comment

Working...
                        X