Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Noble Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Noble Wedding

Rumor quickly begins to spread that Lord Byrun van Hellstrom and his bride to be, River Swift, have finally settled upon a date for the wedding (Sat. 2/8/14). Invitations begin to circulate, and the local businesses get a bit of a boost from the planning of the event.

((More details will be added. Pretty much any PC will receive an invitation, and are welcome to "RSVP" in this thread))
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Thresh bolts upright in her room at the Menacing Mariner. The elf's glasses crooked, and amidst a sea of adopted paperwork for Exigo, arcane calculations, and with a blank bone wand sticking out of her hair. The nervous elf creaks her door open, to find a halfling courier. Well... find the courier after several seconds of staring at her own eye level, before finally looking down.

The elf unrolls the parchment invitation. The worried pout on her lips wiped away by a small grin.

"... oh - I. Still need a. Dress for this..." she of course writes her reply for attendance, and gifts the courier ten gold for the work.
    I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

Selas looks over his invitation, an expression of confusion turns to disgust turns to one of amusement.

"I suppose its a funeral in its own way. Bryun's life as he knows it shall soon be dead."

He lets out a cold chuckle

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

*I didn't get my invite*
        [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Time for a crash! Motor boating SOB!
          Active Characters
          Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
          Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
          Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
          Dorin Hammond- Scout
          Seith Ronson- Master of War
          "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
          Socrates
          sigpic

Comment

(( I would just like to point out that when I opened this thread, an advert appeared above talking about diamond rings and another about wedding invitations. I think the site is on to us!))
            "The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it." - Lord of the Rings: Galadriel.

Merin Millhouse - Local minstrel
            Rubert Renin - Wizard of little note
            Barathos Daneer - Ranger of the Viridale.

Comment

Tyranus opens his eyes in his favorite bush, listening to a conversation of local businessmen in Aquor. After hearing the details of the wedding Tyranus crawls over the small mountain of empty spirits bottles and digs through his pack to find a clean set of cloths and makes his way to the closest river to clean himself for the first time in months for the special day for the Commander and River.

Comment

((D'awwwww <3))
                River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Byrun neatly writes out all the invitations to the Noble Houses of Sundren. Each is sealed with the Hellstrom Family seal. As he taps his fingers on the pile of letters he looks at one of his rings.

"Shit!"

The Noble quickly gets up and leaves.
                  Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                  Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                  Well, you've probably missed it
                  There was never anything there
                  In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

((Have a time yet? Night time EST would work best for me to attend, as that is the day we are celebrating my daughters 4th bday))
                    Active:
                    Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
                    Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
                    Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
                    Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

Vindir looks at the invitation, smiles and hopes nothing comes up so he can attend. He also hopes there will be dancing.

Comment

After several minutes of patient effort Breeze finishes reading the invitation. "Eh I'm getting better at reading" She thinks to herself. She then pulls a piece of paper and a charcoal pencil she fashioned from a broken arrow from her pack. With slow careful strokes she writes her reply:

Duties allowing it would be my pleasure to attend.

Signed,
                        Tirones Breeze Thundersong

Even with the effort it shows she has trouble writing. She then folds the letter and seals it with some green wax and finds the nearest courier to have the letter delivered.
                        Active Characters-
                        Breeze Thundersong
                        - Needle of Mielikki
                        Zinsbog Nightjaw

Retired Characters-
                        Alistair Smith
                        - Anointed of the Broken

Comment

Nora scouts the pit, looking at the growing corruption. She moves about the dilapidated houses that used to mark the edge of the city. From behind a crate she hears a rustling and a small voice speaks out...

"Meow"

A kitten hobbles out from behind some rubbish. It's fur is matted from from the elements and it is missing an eye, a trophy from a lost fight. Its frame emaciated from lack of food.

Nora kneels down and says sweetly "Come here child, I know the perfect home for you..."

((Nora will be present for the wedding, gift in tow.))
                          Last edited by MyNameIsDave; 01-28-2014, 10:46 PM. Reason: I derped a word.
                          Characters
                          Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                          Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                          Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

A letter arrives for River by courrier, written in a flowing, elegant hand and sealed with dark red wax.

Dearest River,

I shall be ever so delighted to attend your wedding. You have been a most gracious friend to one you have only just met, and I should like to reciprocate such consideration.

Yours,
                            Mircalla Mirabel
                            WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

"From Hellstrom's youngest?" Comes the tone of surprise, the crest considered in brief.

To the lord Byrun and soon-to-be lady River of Hellstrom,

A thousand blessings and the favor of Lady Siamorphe on your joining. It shall be the pleasure of house Aurelianus to partake of this most joyous occasion.

We look forward to offering our congratulations to you both in person.

Sincerely,

Esmond Aurelianus
                              "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

Working...
                              X