Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<A series of small letters, around the Gate of the Sunderer>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <A series of small letters, around the Gate of the Sunderer>

In the dead of night, with a thoughtful, and distracted humming swept through a single black-haired elf. Purple robes rustling with her timid footsteps all about, before the sudden *THWACK* of a hammer here and there, where a wooden item would not be called defaced by the nails holding her letters up. The hand-writing is immaculate, and careful. Each copy of the flier seemingly identical to the last. Around two dozen in all.

__________________________________________________ __________
    People of the Valley

Long has it been that the land beneath your feet suffers. But it doesn't have to be this way. Where many would call your acts a defacement of nature, others understand that society must, and will, expand.

All around you is the most beautiful world you can but imagine. And all around you, that world is edged back, further and further. Many have seen the bites and stings, the scratches. The howls and wails of a furious force, called nature herself. Many have mistaken, grown fearful of this amazing power.

I want to remind you, that nature is not only wolves, and game to hunt and eat. Nature, like your society, is a delicate balance. And one that is veering off course. One that needs the help of everyone to survive. So that your children might award their lovers flowers, and not weeds. So your husbands might enjoy warm cloaks of fur on their backs, before it's too late. So your wives may cradle their children in soft cotton. Raised, in this land. Made, in this land. By a proud, and brave people.

Please, speak to your officials. Raise awareness. Donate a little time, or money, to the cause. I do not call you greedy. I do not call you relentless. I only ask that nature's bounties survive. So that we may all enjoy them. From the last blueberry, to the last ear of corn.

Be involved. Plant a tree. Treasure every piece of the land. Give back to it, and feel the liberating thrills of sharing with your home. Give back to it, and know that when the next harvest arrives. When the next apple you bite into, you planted that tree. Know that you gave, and earned as good people should.

You don't need to fear the wilds. Only respect it. You don't need to fear every howl of the wolf at night. Only respect it. But you do need to fear, what evils can be wrought by a hand that doesn't know any better. You do need to fear, that the land beneath you, in all of its bounty. Can die. A Malarite calls your growth perversion. He calls you murderers. I call you no such thing. I call you a good people. That only needs a guiding hand, to express that they care. That only needs to be reminded, that they can give to a beautiful, boundless force, that can not ask you by its own voice.

__________________________________________________ _________

The letter continues, politely, but nonetheless imploring for the citizens help. To donate to their state, in the attempt to restore forestry, and seek responsible means to the ends of obtaining precious minerals, ores, and basic necessities. No name is left on the charter, though anyone that saw the elf might recognize the very dizzy, very distracted woman to be Thresh Starweaver.

The final bit is merely a list, and travel quills placed to sign. So that citizens that can't afford to give might still speak up that they care by signing, and show their governing bodies that they do so. The elf soon to be seen in Avanthyr, with a glint in eye. Asking permission of shop owners to hang, or leave her notices with them as well.
    I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

*A copy is brought to Datton in Sestra*

"Bring the author of this letter before me, I would like to share my thoughts on balance with this person"

*Datton has his messengers inform all agents to find a name of who penned the letter.*

((If you are interested we can set up the RP.
    Active Characters
    Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
    Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
    Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
    Dorin Hammond- Scout
    Seith Ronson- Master of War
    "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
    Socrates
    sigpic

Comment

He reads the letter and attaches a small reply

How I enjoy the sound of trees in the wind, a gentle rain and the cool northern breeze. The creation of life, the little animals. Such things are innocence. They brings me comfort in my solitude, a feeling of riches in my poverty, joy in my sorrows. These things must be preserved, let me know how I can assist.

Michael Zollas,
      Triumvirate

Comment

Without the Land, we are adrift.

River Swift
        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

*Erolith takes the missive he received from Thresh at the Second Inn Wind.*

"I think she means what she writes and I wish to support any effort to save the forest," he thinks. "I will sign and give back. Perhaps I will provide a bit of coin to help."
          Erolith Mornmist Undead Hunter
          Kraken Priest and crafter
          Fingers O'Hoolihan Inebriated Monk

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned immaculate!

Comment

*sitting idle drinking from a flagon he remembers the folded petition. He takes a moment to read the petition then reads it again. After reading it he flags the bar maid down orders another flagon and asks for something to write with. The barmaid returns with drink and a charcoal pencil. He silently signs the petition, hands the pencil back, and continues drinking*
            Active Characters-
            Breeze Thundersong
            - Needle of Mielikki
            Zinsbog Nightjaw

Retired Characters-
            Alistair Smith
            - Anointed of the Broken

Comment

*Neia Tumbleton examines the letter given to her by Thresh, nodding in agreement as she signs it.*
              Harra Mattan: Palemaster who ripped people's guts out for practical reasons. RIP.

Comment

Murin signs his name on a copy of the petition. What a member of the Exigo Syndicate intends by signing is unclear.

Comment

A crude scrawl is written in brown ink.

Nora Windwood.
                  Characters
                  Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                  Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                  Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

Artemis signs with ink that is somehow both glowing yellow and scented with the crisp aroma of citrus. She also writes SWAK and a little heart.
                    I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Written with a hand that is slightly child-like in its unfamiliarity with writing:

I will do as i have always done, care for that which is true, life and nature. I won't be forced to smile and pretend everything is all right however.

KNARF *The name is written in all capital letters*
                      Treachery is the inevitable result of all affairs. Every man believes he has his own good reason.
                      - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Tyler Penleigh : "Signatures only mean something if you've got enough people willing to back up the five minutes with part of their lives."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "Yes - well. I do. But without those signatures. No one will. Respect the lives. Behind the papers."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "Not everything is solved. Through a bloody battle. Sometimes it's solved. Politically."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "Politics just make more bloody battles."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "Oh shut up. You're far. Too human. For your own good. What're you going to. Even fight for, soon. Thirty miles of. Dead earth that. Can't sustain. Even cats, now."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "I'm sorry I'm too human, miss elf."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "We can't all be born magical and fey."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "If you can't see. The wisdom of. Protecting the land that feeds you. Then yes. You should apologize."
                        Tyler looks pointedly irritated.
                        Artemis Sunstrider: I'm human and magical...I don't think I'm fey though....
                        Thresh Starweaver: "But not to me. Go apologize. To the dying fields. To the people. Eating rations."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "This little paper. That needs to. Apparently be signed. In blood. Is a statement. To stop. It doesn't need blood. It needs. hopes."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "I've given ten years - ten goddamn years - of my life,
                        fighting for this country. The country my brother thought was so fucked up he joined the Veritas. Fighting for my home. The home that now is held by people who want me dead."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "Yeah? That doesn't. Impress me. Even remotely. If you can't value. The land that sustains. Your people. Or your home. What's the point. Of people dying for it. If you're going to ruin it?"
                        Tyler Penleigh : "You don't know me. Don't pretend you can magically make the land change with a few signatures."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "Better people than you have tried."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "You're so closed-minded... it's vulgar. It's disgusting, really. That you can't see this."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "Give me that damn paper."
                        Thresh hands it over.
                        Tyler Penleigh : He scrawls his signature on it, then thrusts it back into her hand.
                        Thresh Starweaver: "Thank you." Never has thanks sounded so... agitated, but thankful at the same time.
                        Tyler Penleigh : "I will do anything for my family."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "But I don't have faith. I act."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "This paper. Is an action. I promise."
                        Tyler Penleigh : "Prove it."
                        Thresh Starweaver: "I will. Very soon."
                        Tyler R. Penleigh
                        Active
                        Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                        Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

In crude charcoal style sits the name 'Simaryl' adding to the list of names slowly gathering
                          My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                          Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

A man walks up to where one of the letters are at the Sunderes gate and examines it. His right hand twitching. With a grin he takes the letter and nods.

"This'll do... hehe..."

The man walks off whistling as he goes.
                            "The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it." - Lord of the Rings: Galadriel.

Merin Millhouse - Local minstrel
                            Rubert Renin - Wizard of little note
                            Barathos Daneer - Ranger of the Viridale.

Comment

Chime reads the petition slowly. " Oh, I have planted a tree," she murmurs. " It was rather fun, well the second time anyway. The first time got rather bloody and icky."

With a pretty little flourish she signs her name at the bottom of the page.

Chime F. Mynick.
                              GMT -9

Comment

Working...
                              X