Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note left at the Second Wind (edited per request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note left at the Second Wind (edited per request)

A disguised Darwin Dakros, when the foot traffic by the inn is small, travels and posts a note on the doorway of the inn. It's a long note, written in small, fine, elegant handwriting.

Greetings Civilization,

My name is Darwin Dakros, and this is a declaration to the Druid's Circle.

These mewing cubs, they wish to "negotiate" with civilization. They wish to "talk". They wish to "bargain."

Did Mankind "Bargain" with Nature when they strip-mined the soil under Mirakus for their precious Sundrite?

Did mankind "Bargain" with Nature when they over-hunted the Viridale Forest?

Did the city of Sundren "negotiate" with Nature when they used their foul magicks to tear the very earth itself asunder to levitate their magic city?

No. They didn't. They defiled it.

There is a word when one takes without permission. It is called Theft. But this, my friends, this is more than Theft. This is utter defilement. Unforgivable. Inexcusable.

This is violation. Sheer, and utter violation.

How many around here have chopped wood? Many. But how many have planted a tree?

How many have over-hunted the woods until the animals within are nearly wiped out? Many. But how many have encouraged conservation and restraint?

Civilization has a history. A very bloody and violent history. A history of conquerors and the conquered. Man thinks that He can conquer nature. Defile it. Bend it to his whim. They build Machines to mine the earth, and better blades to chop the trees. They believe themselves above it.

Man does not negotiate with ants before they step on them. They do just that...they step on them, and forget them. And this civilization, they have forgotten nature. They did not "negotiate" when they destroyed it....and neither will I.

Because Nature DOES. NOT. NEGOTIATE!

When a species propagates too heavily out of control, Nature finds a way to do one of two things:

1) Assimilate the species into itself so as to adapt the system to survive with it.

2) Or if Assimilation is impossible...nature destroys it.

When Nature chooses to destroy a threat, it does so in a number of ways. It either a) alters it's own ecosystem to make itself inhospitable to the new threat or B....my personal favorite...

...it introduces a new Predator.

I am Nature's Claw. It's fang. It's armament. I will not negotiate. I will not yield. These people who have raped their Mother Nature. These people who have raised their flying city in their Hubris, in their attempts to defy the Laws of Nature and hide among the clouds, fearful of the predators that lie beneath.

The Forest Spirit within the Viridale was dying. It was dying because year after year Man has saw fit to defile it's home. It was weakening. And in nature when an animal is too weak to live, when it suffers, when it cannot hold on...it must be put down. And I did so, not out of malice. Not out of contempt for the forest. But out of Love.

With the aid of Malar, I gave the beast a mercy-killing. I ended the pain of a wounded animal, and enabled it to be replaced with something else. A NEW spirit. One that will not sit idly by and accept it while Man continues to Ravish it's Wood....one that shall not, in it's complacency, allow this violation to continue.

Call me a Monster if you wish. Say what you will. I care not. Malar has claimed the Forest Spirit, and it is Malar's will that shall spread through the Viridale now. The Hunting Grounds shall flourish, where before they were picked clean. The Wood shall expand, where before it was cut down and barren.

And Nature shall reclaim what was taken from it. For from Nature we all came, and to Nature we must return. Such is the Balance. Such is the Wheel of Fate. Such is the way of Nature, and the World.

For Man does not conquer Nature. Nature. Conquers. Man.

--Darwin Dakros.
    "Our Spirits were forged from Snow and Ice, to bend like steel, forged over Fire. We were not made to bend like reeds ... or to turn the other cheek."

Byrun takes a look at the flier.

"It seems that some of the Nature Worshipers haven't learned their lesson. If it's a war with Exigo and the Blackwood they wish, so be it."
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Noril returns from his hunt passing by the inn, he pauses to read the note, then without a word, he returns to the woods. Leaving a single arrow carefully woven into the bottom of the parchment.
      Ghal Narish, Battle-Mage
      Faucon De'Ombre
      , Triadic Knight

Ulriel Gabrieth, Devout of Lathander
      Noril De'nor, Archer ...
      Liem Ashcroft, Miner, Smith, and Weaponsmaster

Comment

Jebthor reads the letter, and rips it down from the inn.

"So, the fool follows The Beastlord. This is troubling indeed."

He takes the letter back to his companions to discuss their next course of action.

Comment

Erolith reads the missive before it is taken.

"I do agree with the intent," he thinks. "However, I am not sure if war is the solution. War can destroy more than what is gained in the end."

He walks away, a thoughtful expression on his face.
          Erolith Mornmist Undead Hunter
          Kraken Priest and crafter
          Fingers O'Hoolihan Inebriated Monk

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned immaculate!

Comment

Brunus passes by the inn and spots the note taking a moment to read it before he breaks out in laughter

''As if those tree lovers can do anything at all''

Brunus leaves a small Note written in Runic Texts saying ''Civilizations here to stay Lad, Rattle the bag and see what comes out eh?''. Brunus then proceeds into the inn to get merry and drunk...a lengthy process indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X