Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice posted at the Second Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice posted at the Second Wind

Several notices are posted at the Second Wind and the immediate surrounds.

Notice

Per the Ordinance of Sundren Law regarding the Excessive Display of Magic:

Ground-Side:
    Public display of magic is not unlawful; however, excessive use of magic without justifiable cause is punishable by fining, and persistent offenders may face imprisonment or temporary banishing from the town in which they have committed excessive display of magic.

This ordinance is effective in all of Sundren, though the lists of what is considered excessive display of magic vary throughout the Valley.
    Any and all Shapeshifting within line of sight of the Second Wind Inn will hereby be considered such an offense. While this law is in effect primarily in the villages and townships of the Valley, the Second Wind is a crowded, public place that sits at the crossroads of the central Valley, and as such, is considered a locale where unsafe displays of magic will not be tolerated.

All found altering their Gods-given shape within the area specified above will be subject to arrest and fining upon the first offense, with repeat offenders facing punishment proportionate to their offenses.

All found entering the area while shifted may be subject to questioning and observation by lawful authorities while they remain in the vicinity.

Shapeshifting is defined to include the following:

• The increase or reduction of a person's stature.
    • The taking of another goodly creature's appearance.
    • Altering one's own physical appearance for non-cosmetic purposes.
    • Shifting one's form to take on the appearance of a monstrous or mundane creature, or an extraplanar being.

In addition, any individual who provides information that leads to the arrest of the Shapeshifter known as 'Darwin' will receive a reward of 10,000 stags.

By authority of Sentinel Kimaris, Church of Helm, Sundren City Chapter.

The Vigilant Watches.

[A stylized symbol of Helm is centered at the bottom of the notice.]

Another notice is tacked up below the first in all the same locations.

Wanted

'Darwin Dakros'

[A fairly crude depiction of Darwin's "true" form is placed here]

The Shapeshifter that names itself 'Darwin Dakros' is wanted for crimes against the State, including but not limited to Treason, Use of False Pretenses or Deception, Resisting Arrest, Blasphemy, and Excessive Use of Magic.

To be approached with extreme caution. Subject is known to be capable of Astral Travel and flight, as well as mimicking the effects of many spells that incapacitate.

Use of lethal force authorized by Sentinel Aleister Kimaris.

Reward: 30,000 stags

*Reward for live prisoner or identifiable remains.

Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Looks over the flier carefully. Upon noticing there is no reward for a corpse, he moves on.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

a woodsman in old chain and leathers of the old viridale reads the post, then smiles. some can hear him comment on how long the horses will be integrated... could be a few months worth of carrots.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

Sandro reads the notice and mutters to himself

"First excessive casting, now shapechanging. I can only assume bright clothing and singing will be next."
        I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

OP updated to reflect a larger bounty on Darwin as well as additional details.
          Last edited by Valhalla; 01-07-2014, 04:18 AM.
          Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

Archmagus Dante' Swift reads the notice and silently wonders when the making and enforcing of new laws fell to the Church of Helm and not the Hands of Mundus. He strides off towards the city slightly amused at what he has just read.
            Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

The newly promoted Sesquiplicarius Blackwell openly voices her support to the notice posted by the Sentinel, glad for the strict approach on the matters of those who have proven to be a danger to those in the valley, knowing how the church of Helm openly deals with the matters of those who wield magic.
              Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
              Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

"Now they get it."

Byrun takes a few posters to put at the barracks and bulletin board at Mirakus Post.
                Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                Well, you've probably missed it
                There was never anything there
                In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Jaxis wanders to the post, curious about the attention it has generated. Taking but a moment to scan and absorb it's contents, the Elite Magus tilts his head, considering the implications.

"Good to see the Helmite making his contribution within his lane of authority and responsibility. If only such could be said by others with power entrusted to them."

Without a second thought, the Elite Magus moves clear and away from the Second Wind Inn.

Comment

Barathos approaches the inn and notes the newest addition to the notices usually posted there. He gives it a quick read and scoffs.

"As if we needed a reason to kill the creature already..."

He pulls his bow off his back and rushes back into the Viridale.
                    "The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it." - Lord of the Rings: Galadriel.

Merin Millhouse - Local minstrel
                    Rubert Renin - Wizard of little note
                    Barathos Daneer - Ranger of the Viridale.

Comment

Chime puts a little red bow on the first sign then underlines the words " Public display of magic is not unlawful" several times.

" Honestly, you would think people would read rather then go about making things up." She comments as she stands back to admire her work.
                      GMT -9

Comment

"... love of the. Gods, can I get a -clear call on this-, already!"

Thresh looms over the alterations and notices. Pinching the bridge of her nose with a sigh.

"It's legal, it's illegal, Helmites threaten me, Hands say this, these people say that. Everything's a mess. This wouldn't happen. If -elves- were in charge."

The huffy, stuffy woman re-enters the tavern after her break of fresh air.
                        I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

Working...
                        X