Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactics and Training of Legion Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics and Training of Legion Recruits

Under direct orders of Myrios Blackwell, Sesquiplicarius Dodrian Giantborn takes himself off the active patrol roster and begins training the recruits of the 10th.

The former Red Blade, with no social life to hold him back, dedicates most of his time to his task. He works with the recruits in small cells, focusing on bringing the less talented soldiers up to snuff.

With each cell he gives the following speech with few variances.

"I am Sesquiplicarius Giantborn, but you will call me Sir for the duration of this training. I am here to give you the skills you will need to survive and complete the tasks required of you.

You are part of the 10th legion, the Dusk Hounds. That name honors a fallen hero, but it's meaning in the field will be decided by all of us. That's right, from the Myrios herself all the way down to you lot we each contribute to the reputation and ability of the 10th.

I don't care why you're here, if you came for citizenship or because you wanted to strike back at those who endangered your land and family. Your motivations mean nothing as far as I'm concerned, the same requirements and responsibilities rest on your shoulders regardless.

You will fight when ordered to. You will protect the lives of civilians and your fellow legionnaires. You will uphold the dignity and honor of the State you now represent.

We'll begin now, grab the practice gear and pair up."
    Marrent "Morrie": Inviolable Nature

Zan Fang: Stifling Stars

Altherion continues to train those recruits that have been recognised as having magical talent, expecting the same levels of determination and hard work out of the recruits as he does of himself. He alternates his teachings between classroom-based lessons in the arcane and martial training, and his students are obligated to attend Dodrian's training sessions from time to time, and he watches them carefully to ensure they measure up to Dodrian's trainees.

As for grandiose speeches and inspiring words, as usual they are sparing at best, and he can only be heard to tell each new run of recruits.

"The ability to use magic does not put you above your fellow man, nor does it imply you are entitled to a life of privilege. On the contrary, you will work harder, and carry greater responsibility to protect others than your fellow man. The rewards offered to you however, will I hope, recompense both your hard work and this responsibility."

Every two months, the recruits under his tutelage (currently about two dozen) will take part in a contest of arms, and a contest of magic. The victors will each receive a magical item as reward. A third reward is handed out to a student who has shown exceptional progress in his studies.

((any new Legion PC's with spellcaster/warrior levels who wish to take part in the contest and are entitled to this reward, otherwise it will just go to NPC's, to encourage their training))
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

As the training goes on, those who know Dodrian well can see he is becoming somewhat unfocused. The training becomes increasingly erratic and sparse for a few days before the large man regains his senses. With a powerful and contented calm about him, he throws himself into the training once more. He now focuses on technique and applied tactics after combining the cells.

"You've all done well, I'm proud. As of now we'll begin teaching you some of what I learned in the Blades. We can't afford massed unit assaults just yet, so each of you will have to be more effective than the average soldier.

Our goal is this: Get into a position to subdue your foe without allowing him to do the same. I'm not only going to teach you proper stances and positioning, I'm going to teach you how to fight dirty. You will learn how to trip a man up. You will learn how to disarm him. You will learn how to lead a man into your ally's reach safely.

As I've said before, we are the 10th. We decide what that means on the field. We'll begin tactical drills now."

As this new training progresses, Dodrian seems to fully embrace his gift-giving nature. He brings in extra food with him each morning, and opens his stock of drink in the evenings. He gives a few loans out and throws coin away in friendly games of chance.

In any given social gathering, he always asks what people's plans for the future are.

"You going to try to become an officer someday?"

"Get yourself a new girlfriend?"

"You plan to have kids?"

Comment

Begins shifting recruits off to other trainers after they take to his program. Takes on very few new recruits and focuses on completing the training of those he's already teaching.

Comment

Working...
        X