Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viridale Forest, the Reclemation of the Legion Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viridale Forest, the Reclemation of the Legion Camp

Amongst the traders and travelers that pass through the Exigo Trading Post almost daily, there has been some talk about a man who has seemingly... Taken over the old Legion Camp on the edges of the Viridale Forest. He has been seen moving to a fro the trading post, bartering for building supplies; hammers, planks of wood and nails to basic camping supplies for the camp. Claiming that he intents to repair the weather worn camp and make it ready for service once again. At that, he has been asking about the local smiths and seeking out locksmiths, questioning them as to how one can open an abandoned locked door without the proper key. One may catch word of his name as, " Gray."
    All deaths that my characters have in RP PvP or Story are permanent, they are lootable and I will ask if the opposing character does kill them or leaves them unconscious. I also adhere to all Sundren PvP/Death rules, I prefer to play by my own hardcore death rules.

Word of the man's effort reaches Dain Tornbrook's ears, and he regards the speaker of the rumor as if he might be a bit addled.

"Truly? The man must be without sense . . . or hanging a brass set, as a friend would say." Dain looks aside to one of his estate's sentries. "Did I use that right?"

The sentry nods, and Dain in turn nods to himself. "Good."
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

"Mm. I truly hope the intentions of 'Gray' are to aid the Legion restore our facilities," Myrios Blackwell is heard to remark when she is informed of the rumor.

Comment

A dwarf in Exigo uniform takes a break from unloading a copper vat from a sturdy Exigo wagon, and listens to the talk of his fellows as he sups from a mug of ale.

"Hmm, a customer"

Comment

The nameless monk hears word of this. Shortly after he takes to the shadoes, and begins to patrol the area to see if there are any developments
          Active:
          Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
          Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
          Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
          Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

The denizens of the dark and foreboding forest eye the squatter in the broken, soiled and tattered former Legion outpost with malicious intent. The priestesses of Yeenoghu plot their intentions with this petty human, decorating their barbed and poisoned weapons with the eye of their demonic god, so he may witness the pain and suffering they're sure to inflict, each weapon painted it its own colour. The gnolls plan 50 shades for Grey.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

((OOC Slowclap))

A large legionnaire hears the rumors as he patrols.

"He won't be able to pull that off without support. Maybe we could spare some men from patrols...." *As he speaks the words he's accosted by yet another band of thieves.*
              "Sorry "Gray," guess you're on your own for now."
              Marrent "Morrie": Inviolable Nature

Zan Fang: Stifling Stars

Comment

The Reclemation, Part II

Word spreads across Sundren like the dawn across the vast sea, brightening the dark waters with the hope of a new day. Each village and town has been visited by the man known as Gray, as he enlists both man and woman from woodworker to militiaman to join his efforts at the abandoned Legion Camp, with this message, posted on boards and in taverns alike

Attention!

Brave men and women who seek both pay and the glory of protecting what is theirs

Gray is currently hiring both adventurer and eager body to join him at the former Legion Camp just outside of the Viridale

Sword is not all he seeks, he seeks skilled crafters and apprentices alike, traders from every homestead to make this fort more than it could ever be

Stags will be offered to each man and woman for contracting with Gray to protect and open up new trades near the Viridale
                Training will be offered for those who seek to wield a blade for the greater good of this land

Those brave of heart, needy of coin or providing for their loved ones will seek him out along any of the taverns inside any village or town that graces the valley

He will be making rounds and sending out those who have already joined to recruit for him

Posted and cried are these messages and intended for all who hear the words, feeling the need to do something greater than what they do now. Although, this is not subject to the simple need of bodies to defend a deadened post on the edges of an untamed land. Word has spread that Gray also seeks out those Druids of the wilds and the rangers who patrol its borders, defending it with an iron will. He seeks to make arrangements with them and see them on his side as well.

His time within the Exigo Trading Post has doubled as well, as he now seeks out representatives of the Exigo Syndicate to negotiate large bulk sales and further support for his growing operations in the Viridale. While he seeks the Exigo out, he also spends much time with the local traders and merchants to purchase their supplies as well from both natural materials; cloth, wood, coal and other resoruces to the equipment needed by any militia that stands ready to defend their livelyhoods; armor, spears, shields, both arrow and bows. While these purchases are not made ahead of the amount of people he has recruited into his cause, he takes careful consideration as to the fort's needs and his own pockets.

Another burden of time is the man's constant forays into the wilds, seeking treasures and lost relics to sell on the markets to fund his expenses without driving himself into bankruptcy. Still using the camp as a staging ground for his excursions, he invites anybody to share with his camp from beggar to knight and anyone in between. None are turned away from the fort, even if they cannot offer a stag or hand.

Still the man has a need to access the locked bunker at the heart of the camp for military and shelter usage. He seeks out skilled locksmiths and breakers from the calls and constant time he spends at the villages and trading post.
                All deaths that my characters have in RP PvP or Story are permanent, they are lootable and I will ask if the opposing character does kill them or leaves them unconscious. I also adhere to all Sundren PvP/Death rules, I prefer to play by my own hardcore death rules.

Comment

A wandering Gold Elf happens by one of the posters and sighs "Will the humans never learn from their mistakes? Their forts are torn down by the beasts of the woods, yet they insist on rebuilding them, with but a fraction of the strength of arms of the defenders that were defeated before"

"I only hope this one is not akin to the self styled "Lord" of Mirakus Post, the last thing this valley needs is another petty warlord to add to the strife." After some thought, he continues walking, having decided it would be wise to avoid committing his magical arms and equipment to such a foolish endeavor.
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

The nameless monk happens across one of these posters. He makes sure he is not seen. He cups his palm, and sticks it with a dagger, allowing it to pool in his hand. He gently dips is finger into it, and writes on the poster in blood

'The forest, and all that lies within, belongs to Lord Serrano"

He signs the post by drawing the symbol of Colibrus

He think to himself that it seems people have forgotten who the forest really belongs to. Perhaps it is time that I remind. Perhaps one of them will be foolish enough to venture there at night. Better yet, I have not seen Mia in quite sometime. Perhaps Lord Serrano no longer needs to share ownership with her, when day breaks.
                    Active:
                    Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
                    Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
                    Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
                    Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

It is rumored that 'Gray' has been deemed an Enemy of the State following an incident with a vampire at the locale in question. The vampire, part of House Serrano, was easily vanquished by the Iron Fist.

Comment

Davey strolls back to the Second Wind Inn after his recent conversation with Gray, mumbling to himself, "she just doesn't get it."
                        Avery Selino - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIP4Q_L5iCM
                        Davey Brinnerstaal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3c-X86Y6o
                        Fregrin Ross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

The songs have absolutely nothing to do with the characters. But they are awesome songs.

Comment

Julia lifts her eyebrows, a frown creasing her face. "Stranger, and stranger," she remarks.

She feels the pouch containing her small stock of stags, wondering how many she'd lose paying to keep her fingers on this particular pulse.
                          But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
                          - Nessa

Comment

Working...
                          X