Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A strike of passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strike of passion

Word spreads of an attack on Mirakus Post lead by several Legion veterans as well as Red Blades and even members of the Left and Right Hands of Mundus.

Sparked by the recent departure of a Legion officer, the attack was well planned and well coordinated. The Black Hand forces appeared to be dispatched with only several casualties.

As the attack party made camp the following night their fallen brethren rose from the ground to continue the battle, as did an entire Legion of Undead. Of the men who managed to escape Mirakus, one claimed it was as if the Bone Lord itself commanded the dead to never rest in this area.

Shortly after the attack Supreme General Imperatu Verinus of the Legion issued a statement:

"Men have foolish hearts, this is why a tempered soul must lead. The great deceptions of the Church of the Tyrant and his ilk are vast, and it is for this reason we must sever a limb rather than let the whole become infected.

Only a fool would fight a battle that does not seek to gain any tactical advantage. Morale is a powerful thing, but in the hands of the inexperienced it can have an opposite effect."

The men of all 13 Legions seem reassured by the general's words and quickly dismiss any further attempts on Mirakus as a fool's errand.

The General finishes in saying "Attacks outside our city state are best left to the Harbingers and their wardens... Who are better equipped for battles of the divine."
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

*Hold enders the Blades HQ in Sundren and puts his scabbord down* To abandond the Red ladys temple is to abandone my blade, lady Mara is more than able to fill my dutys in Sestra. Untill we meet again good sirs *be bows and departs*
    EvanandaPriestess of joy.

Hold - Follower of the lady, any lady.

http://richardleitch5.deviantart.com/

Comment

The junior officer who receives Holds resignation looks on agog, his young face weathered with the horror of Mirakus fight and the strain of seeing many friends die in the failed attempt to liberate to post.

"The loss of the temple sits heavy in all of our hearts, but anyone who has eyes to see and a brain to think knows that it is a poor battle plan that sees all of the Blades dead to retake it.

Perhaps you did not listen to the teachings of tactics strong enough, brother. Or perhaps you are looking for an excuse to quit. Regardless of which it is, it is accepted, albeit with a heavy heart."

The scabbard is later burned, so that the cowardice attached to it cannot be passed along.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
      X