Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirakus Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors surface that the Harbinger of Wrath, an elusive authority figure tied to the Arbiters has been seen around Sundren, speaking with officers in the Legion.

The make of the former Thayan Knight is unmistakable, as he carries an ornate longsword adorned with runic writing. Those with knowledge of such men speak of meetings behind secret doors, and missions plotted that may affect the outcome of a war.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Glyir and Brunus have met in Sestra and conferred about tactics. After Brunus leaves to begin training the defenders, Glyir tries to round up any miners and non-combatants and put them to work.

He seeks to create a series of fortified choke points at the gates and within the town. Within the town he builds them on the near side of the stone bridge, the choke point north of the castle, and along the path up the hill the castle sits on. The choke points will remain open to allow their use by the defenders, but will be narrowed and fortified as best they can.

He seeks out those with any experience using wood, and asks them to gather logs, then create walls of stakes to slow and channel the attackers, and moveable wooden barricades for the opening of the choke points. He barricades the Cellar Entrance of the castle from the inside, if he is allowed, so it can be opened with effort if need be, and asks Cirion to have it guarded in time of battle. He tries to have them prepare the wooden bridges for possible demolition as best they can. He intends to replace the hasty wooden barricades with more sturdy construction in time.

The miners and any other strong backs he tries to put to work digging fallpits on either side of the path to narrow the path of the enemy's advance. He intends that they are deep enough to contain any undead that fall into them for a while. He intends for the earth and rubble to be piled into mounds behind the choke points to provide high ground for archers and casters, so they can target opposing casters in battle if they wish.

After starting the above, he prays and seeks the blessing of Gorm Gulthyn for the use of the PnP spell Stoneshape.

"Hear me Gorm Gulthyn, Sentinel and protector. The Dead God seeks to rise and claim your Children and their allies. Grant me the power to shift the surface of the Eternal Realm, and forgiveness for the scarring that must be endured, in our time of great need."

If successful, he mournfully tries to mold the stone, where it is visibly exposed around the choke points. He seeks to create further deep pits in front of the positions, and create hard cover on the flanks of the position, especially at the base of the path upto the Keep.

At the choke point where roads combine north of the Keep, where there is more space, he experiments. He tries to make a low rise of stone in FRONT and to the east of the position. This can be fought on top of, or should enemy mages appear, the defenders can stand and fight behind it, blocking line-of-sight. This is intended to provide partial protection against some (but not all) enemy spells.
      Last edited by Intrepid42; 05-14-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Ru' is wandering the forest, probably sobering up, when word reaches his ears of the fall of Mirakus. He pats Brutus on the back and breaks his camp. "It may be head rolling time my friend, let us hurry back to Cybil's side."

Out of habit he pulls out a flask from his cloak, thinks a moment remembering his talk with Cirion some weeks ago. He looks at Brutus and speaks to him like a brother, "Might need to take a break from the happy-juice for bit." He smiles, replaces the flask to it's pocket, and runs off towards Sestra.
        Ru'umel Amakiir - Ranger of the Corps de Grace
        Will Smither - Imbuer of some, Master of None...
        Zelom Silverstar - Evangelistic singing elf
        Originally posted by Machiavelli
        "What in hells are you doin' with my chicken?"

Comment

Upon hearing the knews, Altherion contemplates this turn of events somberly for a time, before heading to the Exigo headquarters with a determined stride.

His superiors must see the wisdom of lending aid to the Legion and Corps in pushing back this threat. For, if such a fortified outpost can be taken so easily, then the stability of Sundren's economy and all of the Exigo's endeavours are in similar peril.
          UTC+8
          Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
          Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Upon hearing the news, Mara is grief stricken. She can be seen wandering through the town and outskirts crying for the Blades that have been lost. The look in her eyes of almost bloodlust for those that have caused this tragedy. She can be heard mumbling.."A cleric shouldn't feel this much rage, but I just can't help it"
            There is a fine line between genius and insanity.....I have replaced that line with a trout!!

Mara ...Red Knight Follower/ Member of the Red Blades

Yasia .....Red Wizard

Elizabeta .....Rogue

Lillith......Cleric/Wizard

Comment

On his return to Sundren, Isaac finds himself at the post after hearing the news of its demise. He stands there, arms folded, with a smirk on his face looking at the destruction.
              "Home."
              Originally posted by Lollercide
              Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Working...
              X