Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sestra Corsair Publication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sestra Corsair Publication

Cirion goes about putting up a few posters around Sestra; thankfully for those having to read these, its not in Cirion's usual extravagantly flowing handwriting but a much easier to read text.

"Lend what aid you can, support our community by volunteering for work in the Corsairs.

As our community grows and Sestra expands what she has to offer, so does the need for individuals to generously offer their time to help keep our town and countryside safe. Help guard the innocent and defenseless from criminals infiltrating Sestra, to the lingering threats of lizardmen just outside our fair town.

Join now, and receive the training you need to better protect friends, families, and Community."

With those posters placed in a few key locations (near main entrance to town and outside of Corsair HQ) in Sestra, Cirion then proceeds to try and speak with regular citizens of Sestra in an attempt to persuade kind-hearted people to volunteer their time to preserving Sestra's safety.

The general populace seems uneasy at the concept of setting more of their citizens in the face of danger. Many lost families and friends to the lizardmen attacks, and the prospect of losing more of their precious loved ones seems to put many off the idea of joining a fighting force. There are a number of people however who look at the posters, their chests swelling with pride, they sign under the text, patriotism written on their proud faces.
    Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

*happens upon one of the old posters*

"I've near as well settled into Sestra as much as I can - and have made friends with a number of the Corsairs. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to apply myself further in doing my part to protect my new home.

I'm certain the priestess can handle things without me need being at the temple so often. She managed before I arrived just fine... and it's not like I will not be available to her if needed."

*considers signing her name to the parchment, but decides against it*

"I believe I will speak with Cirion, next I am available, informing him of my thoughts."
      "Remember, the community loves you. Probably." - Sundren Tips

Comment

A tall, young lady in blue, looks at one of the old posters and nods again. Those that look at it on occasion within the community she reminds them that their loved ones did not die in vain, and that their memory is not forgotten. She also tells people now in a more public way, that there is a scholarship fund within the Corsairs themselves, to help aid all children of Corsairs with any future schooling or apprenticeships that they might require.

"There is strength in numbers. The more people that are willing to protect their home, the few risks there will be to all. Be proud of your home, and show your children the example of the life you want them to lead."
        Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
        Cybil Gelley (Retired)
        Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Sergei reads the notes slowly injesting their content, then an idea comes to mind. Folding one up tucking it away, he heads to the temple of Chauntea to find a certain desciple.
          /Kim

Ariel - Cirion: "Glasses, when did you start needing glasses?"
          Sergei - Arawen: "Nice to see you too Blue Eyes"
          Anynduil - Elrylyn: "An ..."

Comment

A cute little hin spends quite a bit of time reading over one near the Corsair's Headquarters.

"Hey! I've already been beating up those lizards anyway! This is super duper great! I could join 'em easy!"

Comment

* a hin sitting in the shadows near the perky little sadist slowly shakes his head and thinks to himself *

"Not in a million years.... why are all these hin girls from abroad so screwed up?"
              Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
              Cybil Gelley (Retired)
              Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Working...
              X