Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Devil at the Trading post!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Devil at the Trading post!!

Talk circulates around the countryside of a Devil that had run rampant through Exigos trading post. Some local Adventurerers that were taking shelter from the rain had run to the defence of the camp and it's people that were in harms way and were able to lay the beast low. Depending on who you hear it from the tales vary due to the inaccuracy of the verbal grapevine, but many of the stories account of:

1) A hooded man was seen walking through the camp prior to the beasts arrival, and when the creature came into being, the man was no more. The demon was most likely the man in disguise and was looking for a soul to drag back to the hells with it! It was successful in doing so as many had fallen before it was run through.

2) A wizard by the name of Veegho or something like that had taken anger at a group of adventurers within the camp and had called down magic upon them, the devil was under his control as well and the angry wizard was killed by the adventurers. The devil is said to have disappeared with the wizards body since it was never found after the dust had settled.

3) The beast was said to have been under the control of an old wizard, who had his advances from a local maiden turned down in favor of one of the younger guards. Three other guards paid the price before overcoming the wizard and running him through. The couple is said to have taken up refuge in Sundren in case the wizards spirit comes back to haunt them.

4) A hooded man was going through the camp looking for someone named Cirion. My skin prickled at the way his name was said, and I proclaimed ignorance. I heard of this Cirion, but ne'er seen the bloke before. I guess some others didn't like the guys tone either and there was a big fight. I stayed out of it, but I heard they got the wizard after many had fallen to his magic. I did the smart thing and hid wit the pigs by the Trading house.

5) Vigo has returned to Sundren after a brief exodus. He was in disguise for some odd reason, and apparently was seeking someone out. Others didn't take well to his demeanor and it is said that he had cast a horrible illusion at one of the people questioning him, sparking the fight. Nobody knew it was this Vigo guy until after he was slain. I hear the adventurers took one of their badly wounded and Vigos body to Sundren quickly after the episode.

6) The Devil running amok through the camp was looking for an invisible wizard that lost control of it. Other adventurers and guards were seen to be swinging at the empty air around them, seeking to help the creature instead of trying to kill it. I guess it's easier to help the foul creature rather than fight it. Damn adventurers.

For fun any of you can always roll 1d6 to see which rumor your character may have heard initially before hearing other accounts of it in-game. There is a link to a dice roller in my sig if any wish to do so.
    Dice Rolling Site
    Pathfinder SRD
    D&D SRD
    SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

1d6=1

Tarangil had heard the news one day from a couple of locals as he walked by them. He raises an eyebrow wondering what may have transpired, and decides to prudently memorize multiple dismissal spells before travellng anywhere outside city walls.

Comment

Nisa sighs softy.

"No it was Vigo, according to Baragorn and other witnesses who were there, apperantly even the priest confirmed that it was not an illusion that remained after death. Though how he managed to get off the ship and return to Sundren so swiftly after departing I know not."

"I counted him as at least a friendly acquaintance and reliable companion when danger threatened, however, I can say the same for most of those that where harmed in his rampage."

She pauses, "I do not know why he did this."

Clearly upset with both the carnage he caused and the shift in behaviour, Nisa walks away.

Comment

Working...
      X