Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gift

Sundren City was at a stand-still. Soldiers lined the streets, barring citizens from walking the main road. A direct line from the city gates was secured all the way to the Citadel.

The Legionairres at the City Gate stood at attention. A blue portal opened, and with a burst of light, three beings appeared. Two Thayans, one a knight and one a wizard, stepped from the blue portal. A third being stepped forward as if in a daze. She was encased in arcane energy and followed the knight with her eyes closed. She was a yuan-ti.

The commoners were amazed at the sight, but the soldiers merely stood at attention. The Thayan knight pushed the yuan-ti along, and she willingly moved. The triad made their way through the roads to the Military district, soldiers raising their swords in salute the entire way.

Finally, the three arrived at the Citadel. Three trumpets sounded and the gates parted. Imperatu Verinus himself stepped forward to receive the arrivals.

The general Verinus stood for a moment, towering over even the Thayan knight. Seeing him in public was a rarity. It was hard to judge whether the crowd was more amazed at the captured yuan-ti or the general's appearance.

At last, the general spoke. "Citizens, the Enclave has done Sundren a great service today. They have captured the leader of the yuan-ti army. They have presented her to us: a gesture to reaffirm their allegience and committment to Sundren..."

The general trailed off. His attention was suddenly distracted by the yuan-ti. Slowly, she blinked and muttered. A chuckle escaped her lips, which soon broke into laughter.

"I was told she would be secure," said the general to the Thayans.

"Leader?," spoke the yuan-ti. "SHE is no leader. She is but my Voice. Through her I speak, but I am THE leader. You have my Voice, but not my strength! Not my soul!..."

The Thayan knight wrapped her gauntlet around the yuan-ti's mouth. A spell was uttered by the wizard and the snake woman turned to stone.

The crowd muttered to itself, confused at the display. But soon order was restored, and the stone-skinned yuan-ti was dragged inside the Citadel. The general disappeared into the building, and the crowd was ushered away.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Shiv sits on top of a building his staff hanging from his back. His blue eye looks over the crowd while the eye in the staff blinks and looks around. A bottle sits besides him in plain view. While his hand is besides him writing on a parchment.

"intrest'n...tis a nice light show em thay'ns put on..good show of power...an abuse of er..heh"

*rubs his chin, though the quil keeps writing his thoughts*

"oh? it twas shout'n somet'n....then seems em turned er ta stone. Heh...seems em prisoner says what not wanted ta be heard...or taint worth much...could all be ta increase morale by show'n em do'n somet'n.."

*looks over at the paper all he wanted written is done*

"grand 'ave ta give er ta em...tis a good start..an em thay'ns might prove useful..everyone needs a patsy *chuckles*..'sides tis 'bout time ta do what I cam 'ere ta do".

He leaves the roof to find some folks to drink with at a tavern in hopes to find out what was being said or seen. Maybe get lucky an a thayan contact.
    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

A hooded figure watches from an alleyway. Even in the shadowed murk, the yellow of her irises briefly outlines vertically slit pupils as they contract. As the Voice turns to stone, she flinches and a soft hiss escapes her.

Before anyone can turn and peer back into the alley - if indeed anyone would bother, with the spectacle going on up front - the figure shrinks further back and inside an abandoned doorway, breaking line of sight.

A crackle and snap of bones and tendon is over quickly enough to have been a trick of the mind.

Moments later, a large dog with its ribs sticking out trots out from the alley and towards the city gates. If there is a somewhat slithering quality to its gait, that can be attributed to its obvious malnourishment.
      Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
      Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
      Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
      Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
      Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Even through the pouring rain, the calls of an angry crowd carry throughout the entertainment district.

To the north, a stockade has been erected on the outdoor pavilion. About fifty men and women from all walks of life shout curses and toss vegetables at the stage. Death calls for the woman imprisoned there ring out from the murmers of the gawking commoners.

The yuan-ti prisoner, now known as The Voice, is shackled to the stockade. Her body is bent and her colorful robes are wet and stained. She is surrounded by a sphere of magic, and though few know its true purpose, most believe it keeps her from casting her own spells. She is safely contained and guarded.

Despite the name given to her by the crowd, The Voice rarely speaks. Most of her hours are spent with closed eyes. Not even the fruit that pelts her periodically stirs her. It is hard to tell if she is asleep, meditating, or simply ignoring those around her.

Every now and again, she stirs, raising her head and fixing her gaze on someone in the crowd. Her eyes twitch, and she speaks strangely, as though not truly herself. She speaks as if knowing the person's past and mind. Whoever is spoken to seems truly rattled and usually leaves quickly as the crowd fixes their inquisitive eyes on them.

Other times, The Voice seems scared. She pleads for help, offering her knowledge and help in exchange for her life. These times seem to pass quickly, slipping back into her silent, unresponsive state.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Tellesian looked disgusted, at the people throwing ofal and at the bound Yuan-Ti. He knew that humans were barbaric, but this was going a bit far even for them. It would have been better to have killed the Yuan-Ti or if it was giving information, at least keep it leashed underground. This type of torture was not necessary.

I think I need to go into Sestra and try and find out who is the leader, who is behind all this madness, before the human population tires of throwing ofal on the Yuan-Ti and then turns their attentions to other outsiders, such as elves.

Tellesian takes one last look, then moves quickly and quitely from the crowd, headed for Sestra.
          • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
          • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
          • Crom - Priest of Gorm
          Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

*shiv walks out of the half pint and eyes the crowd*

"hmm...somet'n wront wit a play ?...or got a scalie up there eh?...hmm."

Trying to fit in he throws a horse apple at the yanti, and listens to hear if he can figure out what it is all about.

*edit*
            (just a FYI, horse apples are from horses, and not apples. *evil grin*).
            blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
            Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
            I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Rastellia walks through the Entertainment District and stops short at the sight of the barbaric display. Keeping a safe distance away, she watches for a long while maintaining a calm and indifferent expression for the most part. When a particularly vile curse or a too fresh hard a vegetable is thrown at the Voice, her composure breaks briefly and a saddened look crosses her face.

After a while observing the hostile crowd she heads for the Military Ward. "The Shepherdess will help her."

Comment

Tellesian decided to enter Sestra and see what he could ascertain.
                Last edited by TamurtheLame; 05-11-2009, 08:20 PM.
                • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
                • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
                • Crom - Priest of Gorm
                Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Working...
                X