Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Demon and the Wolf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demon and the Wolf...

The two made their way down the hill. Caelryth had several bolts still stuck in him. Plutarch had taken on the melee guards that wielded large great swords, not to mention the few cheap shots their assassins took at him. They plopped down next to a broken piece of siege equipment.

“That went well,” Caelryth said as he pulled a bolt free.

Plutarch had begun bandaging his wounds. “Tribeless One always say that.”

The elf winces and let out a little yelp as he pulled the last bolt free. “Hells, anytime I can walk away from a battle, I think it went well.”

Plutarch grinned. “That on deep. Make Tribeless One stronger. They check when patrols not return. I call blood spirits heal battle wounds.”

“Work on yourself, I still have a trick or two.” The elf smiled and closed his eyes. He felt the heat leave his body and his wounds began to close.

“While we recover. Tribeless One have story? Maybe get mate this time? Last one made Fullgrin sleepy.”

Caelryth smirked. “Everyone’s a critic.”

“You should learn from Hat Man, he have many mates! Although, he not show proper dominance.”

The elf just laughed. “Alright, I have a story for you. I can tell you what having “many mates” can lead to in our society. This was way before I returned to Silverymoon and met Dani’ka. The first woman I think I truly loved, even if I didn’t always deserve such in return….”

“I’m sorry, Elusa. I don’t know why I kissed her. It was a weak moment, and very emotional. She was in a lot of turmoil, and I was just trying to help I guess.”

“Do you care for her? I took everything you’ve been telling me as truth. This wasn’t a random act of lust, Caelryth, it was a kiss. That usually means there is emotion involved.” Elusa spoke strongly, but the situation was trying for her, and it wasn’t clear how long she could hold the tears back.

“I don’t know what I feel. Hells, I just don’t know. This is all new territory for me. I don’t expect you to fully understand.”

Elusa looked angrily at Caelryth. She was almost stunned he could say something that insensitive and stupid. “You were wrong. You are a devil.” Elusa slumped down near a rock, and buried her head in hands. Caelryth went over and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Get the Hells away from me!” He simply nodded and walked off.

“I see now. Tribeless One not show enough strength.” The halfling nodded in confirmation.

“No, Tribeless One got caught. Well, I’ve never been a good liar; I more or less told her the truth.” The elf smiled. “The truth, for better or worse, is always the best path in my opinion.”

“So Tribeless One lose another mate?”

“Well, no. There are times in life where, if you’re lucky, things can be mended. Revenge is easy, forgiveness, not so much.”

Caelryth made his way to her camp outside a cave where she preferred to stay. She was sitting there, in thought it seemed. She wore a dress that bore the same colors of nature. She knew he was in the area well before she caught sight of him.

Caelryth kept his distance. “Hey.”

Elusa looked up at him, but remained silent.

“I just wanted you know that I talked with Ju shortly after I last spoke with you. I’ve managed to get myself in a big mess, and in the end I have nothing to show for it. I’ve had a lot of time to think these past few weeks. I managed to mislead a good friend, and hurt the one I love all in one fell swoop. The mere thought of you should’ve been enough to keep me from doing something so stupid. I… damn it; I’m not very good at this…”

Elusa stood and approached Caelryth. She slowly brought her hand up and touched his cheek. “This is the part where you apologize to me and promise you’ll never do it again.”

Caelryth closed his eyes and sighed in relief. “I am so very sorry, and I promise I’ll never do it again.”

He opened his eyes and leaned forward to kiss her.

Caelryth yelped. “Hey! That was my shin you savage little beast!”

“Fullgrin warn Tribless One, no tell about elfa mating rituals! Fullgrin see you shrug off worse wound from steel. Don’t be pansy!”

“Yea, but that doesn’t mean they feel good. You’re the one that asked to hear a sto…”

His sentence was cut short when a flaming bolt landed a few feet from their camp. “Hey! I can see the Wolf Runt from here!”

“We’ll finish this later Fullgrin.” Caelryth smiled and mumbled an incantation. He slowly faded from sight.

Plutarch gave the elf a pointed grin and howled into the night sky.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

The two sat at their normal post. The Veritas were a bit silent, and their recent venture into the SchildMountains turned up nothing. The elf and the hin were taking a rare moment to relax.

“Where One Eye?” The halfling looked up at Caelryth, as if the elf was supposed to have the answer.

“How the Hells should I know?”

“You both elfa, you talka often.”

“I don’t think so, Fullgrin. One Eye isn’t going to be talking to me for quite some time I think.” Caelryth looked down at his feet.

“Really? Why?”

Caelryth thought for a moment for the right words for his savage friend. “Well, he thinks I stole his mate.”

“Did you?” Fullgrin gave the elf an inquisitive look.

“Well maybe. Sort of.”

“Just prove One Eye not chase right! Fullgrin proud of Tribeless One! Finally chase and stole the best mate!” The halfling was now patting Caelryth on the back.

“Stop saying “stole”. That doesn’t sound right.”

“Was not Tribeless One’s mate?”

“Well, no, not really,” the elf answered.

“Well then, how not stealing?”

“Well it’s… it’s like… what if… never mind.” Caelryth sighed in defeat.

“Maybe One Eye and Tribeless One draw steel, and winner can take mate?”

“No… that’s not how it’s handled, Fullgrin. We’re elves. We’re supposed to be more civilized than that.” Caelryth seemed to be trying to convince himself more than the halfling.

“Woman talka, woman cause trouble. Is regardless of race. Woman always cause mess and make tribes war. Best to end in steel. Have seen where two tribes are friends after war over woman, is possible.”

Caelryth shook his head. “I don’t think we have to kill each other, Fullgrin.”

Fullgrin gave Caelryth a serious look. “Maybe kill woman? Make all better, maybe. Probably make bigger mess.”

“Fullgrin! No need for that. It’s that woman I told you about the other day. She happens to be very nice.”
    “Elfa from Blue Hair tribe?”

“Yea. Her hair is simply beautiful and she wears these flowers that smell so…” The elf seemed to wander off.

“Come back to Fullgrin, Tribeless One! Not wander to Spirits!” Fullgrin was snapping his fingers in front of Caelryth to help him focus.

“Calm down. Besides, it could be much worse.”

“Yea. Could have many women talka at you like Hat Man. He sticks fingers in too many pipes.” The halfling nodded in confirmation.

Caelryth chuckled. “Well phrased, my savage friend.”

“Anyway, Tribeless One should be ready for war with One Eye. It always comes to that. Might take long time, but will come, Fullgrin sure of it. Will end when steel is drawn.”

“I hope you’re wrong, Fullgrin.” Caelryth tossed a few sticks on the fire and they both returned to watching the Mountain and enjoying the sounds of the night.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
    X